• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illus. Crashing

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not found the answer to this but it happens almost every day. When using my selection tool (top black now, not the direct selection one) I have always just drawn a box around what I was selecting (because some parts were not grouped/merged) so I can move them all at one time quickly. For some reason now even if I have it all selected, when I go to move it, it only moves one anchor point. Then Illus locks up, I get the spinning wheel of death and lose all my work. Here is a screenshot. See the grey line where it stretched just one point and then locked up. UGH!! Its almost every day. I tried the autosave mode but It makes everything slore and messes with my storage drive so that option doesn't work for me.

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello christym47831658,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I would request you try resetting Illustrator's preferences by following the steps shared in this article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/troubleshoot-preference-issues.html) and checking if it helps.

Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with the defaults. You may take a backup of these settings from the location mentioned in the article. 

Also, check if the files you are working on is saved on an external/network drive or cloud-synced folder. If yes, kindly try moving them to a folder on the internal hard drive like the desktop and share your observations.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines