Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illusrtator Can't open after version 27.2 on Windows 11

Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am during a problem, illustrator can't open when update to newer than version 27.2.

It just showing task on the Task Manager and no loading screen, the task will end after a few seconds and no error report.

In this version, the performance is not well so I wish to update.

Is that a way to fix the starting crash?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you updated Illustrator and now it's not working anymore? It doesn't even launch?

Please tell us about your hardware.

Also: what is happening step by step?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2023 May 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can run in ver 27.7, when finished update to 27.5(no error message when update), it cannot run.

Open task manager then run illustrator, it show the task in a few second then close by it self, no loading screen pop-up, no crash report on desktop.

Please check the attached txt file for system info.

* I have try 27.3.1, 27.4 and 27.4.1 also no luck.

Hardware:

Processor 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700H 2.30 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Windows specifications:

Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎20/‎04/‎2023
OS build 22621.1555
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22640.1000.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the drivers for your RTX-3060 fully updated? Do you happen to have any periphreals connected to your computer, such as a Wacom tablet? In the case of Wacom tablets the January 2023 drivers have caused Illustrator to crash, usually with the application window disappearing soon after launching Illustrator. The very latest Windows driver (released May 15) is more stable.

It's also possible something in Illustrator might have been corrupted somehow. Deleting the Illustrator Preferences file and making Illustrator re-build it upon launch can solve some problems. Some other issues can be solved by using the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool to fully remove Illustrator from the computer system so Illustrator can be cleanly re-installed.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, the Nvidia Studio Driver is up to date on Ver 531.61.

This laptop has no Wacom drive, connecting with a external monitor, wired keyboard and bluetooth mouse. This issue only occurs on the company-provided laptop; I have my own laptop with the same specifications that can run normally.

I have try to deleting illustrator preferences file by myself when it repeat, but no luck.
The only way is downgrade to 27.2 to run it.

By the way, this laptop just having a clean install on 20 Apr 2023.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines