• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustator freezes when all layers are hidden

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I hide all my layers in de updated Illustrator 2022, the programm freezes for about a minute.
Also the performance on zooming or moving within a layer is very slowly.

Not a fan of this update  😞

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing the version of the OS? Do you see this behavior while working on a specific file?

Also, I'd request you to try the suggestions given on this community post & see if it helps to improve the performance of the app.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

macOS Big Sur
Version 11.5.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the advantage to hiding all your layers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe it's just my way of working, but if I have multiple layers that I want to use individually (for example to export them or just re-edit them), I usually hide the open layer(s) first before showing the layer I want to work on.

Is this a odd use case you think?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot reproduce the freezing you mentioned, but if you alt (option) click on the eye in front of the layer you want to work on, it hides all others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ton,

Thank you for your comment.
Initially it shows all layers on the first (option) click and on the second click it shows only the clicked layer.
This can be a work around.

Nevertheless I'm afraid I'll do it a few more times the old way and hide all layers again 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wouter, yes I see when some layers are hidden, the first option click shows all and the second hides all except the target layer.

It is a workaround, but still, Illustrator should not freeze with all layers hidden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines