Illustrator 19 malfunctioning and instructions for solving Permissions Issue don't work

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very disappointed in the performance of my latest Illustrator version (2019). The toolbar seems to vanish spontaneously, the top toolbar also sometimes goes missing, so I can't use Windows>Toolbar> toolbar basic or advanced etc to get it back.  Also the select tools both fail to function: I click away at something I want to move and though selected, the square indicating that the mouse can drag the item fails to appear wherever I move the cursor, and usually I see a tiny but entirely useless marquee with dotted edges being dragged open and the item remains immoveable. Or I drag a small part when I want to drag the whole.  Also, when I select 'snap to grid' and draw lines, they do not snap to the grid and vary in length even when I am trying to make several lines the same in length, using the grid squares as markers. After days of struggling I got a message about 'Preferences folder read-only error I Permissions issue. I used the Windows File  Explorer was unable to find the files that may be incorrectly set as 'read only'. The instructions were laconic and baffling and substituting my Windows 10 Username for <username> did not bring me to any of the folders I needed to change. Illustrator is costing me a lot of money and driving me crackers.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please contact Customer Care. They can login to your system to fix this: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines