• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2019 Guides from Rulers Not Working

Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I turn the rulers on and try to drag and drop a guide from the top or the sides, nothing happens. Do I need to turn this function on or something?

Thanks for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

As suggested above View > Guides > Show Guides should do it, however, if I look at your video that option is grayed out.

Does resetting preferences help resolve the issue?

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

It generally happens when you are in "Trim View", please go to View > uncheck "Trim View". Let us know if that helps or you need further assistance.

Thanks,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happening to me and Trim View was uncheck. What then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cesar,

Sorry to hear about this issue. Could you please share a screenshot or a small video of the issue along with the OS and version of Illustrator?

You may also try resetting preferences for Illustrator: How to set preferences in Illustrator.

Resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about

view --> guides --> show guides ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As suggested above View > Guides > Show Guides should do it, however, if I look at your video that option is grayed out.

Does resetting preferences help resolve the issue?

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up reinstalling software and did a preference reset and guidelines appeared.

Thank you for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming. Feel free to let us know if you have any further query.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please allow us to show the guides in trim view. It would be very nice to see the guides when I want. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check "Smart guides"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize this post was from a long time ago but I came across it because I was having the exact same problem. After reading all the answers, nothing helped. But then I realized before I had tried dragging out my ruler guides, I had just hidden one of my layers. That layer was still the active layer and since you cannot work on a layer that is hidden or locked, the rulers would not drag out. As soon as I clicked on an active layer, I could drag out my ruler guides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thankyou!! excactly the mistake i was making 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines