• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2020 JPG BLEED NOT EXPORTING!!!!!!

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FIX IT.  Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 8.25.45 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-12-10 at 8.26.09 AM.png

OVER 20 years using illustrator and 2020 is not exporting the BLEED with JPGs!  Why?  When will this be fixed?  Thank you. 

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

If you use Export For Screens rather than Export As, you can choose to Include Bleed.

Strangely, whichever setting you use in Export For Screens will apply to the next time you use Export As.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do a feature request here:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use Export For Screens rather than Export As, you can choose to Include Bleed.

Strangely, whichever setting you use in Export For Screens will apply to the next time you use Export As.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it does, Danny. How odd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this tip! I had never looked at "Export for Screens" since I design for print 99.9% of the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! This fix still works now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Life saver!!! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this!

Adobe frustrates me so much. If Export for Screens is going to affect the dialog (with a different option set) for Export As... why not make it a single tool and remove "for Screens"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Export As and Use Artboards, I get no bleed in JPEGs from Illustrator 24.

Same settings produce JPEGs with bleed in CS6, so I would guess this is either an oversight or a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue.  I've always used Export As..., selected the Use Artboards, put in my range, and it's worked.  Since the last update (today's date is 3.13.24) it's stopped exporting with bleed.  Has to be an unintentional bug or something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you see the post above about using the setting in the Export for Screens dialog to change this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines