• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2022 crashing/ Not Responding/ while closing/ exiting on Windows machine

Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This wasnt happening on the previous version. This only began the minute I updated. I've reset the prefernces and still nothing. I'm on the latest build for Windows 10 Pro, 21H1, OS build 19043.1348, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0

Dont even need to have opened a file. Open the app, close the app it freezes.

Only way to close it is Ending the Process through task manager.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Hi All,

We are sorry about the trouble. I would request you to update to v26.0.2. We have tried to address this issue in this release. If you don't see this update, you may manually check for updates in the Creative Cloud desktop app. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 127 Replies 127
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this solution in the video. It helped another users to fix it:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the trouble. I would request you to update to v26.0.2. We have tried to address this issue in this release. If you don't see this update, you may manually check for updates in the Creative Cloud desktop app. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am using Illustrator 2020 on a HP Omen with Windows 10. Every time I close Illustrator it freezez and enters in NOT RESPONDING state. This happens every single time I close it. I have to close it using Task Manager. This bug occurs since I've intalled the 2020 version. Please fix this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rares Molnar,

have you tried to reset the preferences of Adobe Illustrator? I recommend that you use the latest version of the software (Adobe Illustrator version 26.0.1 is available).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gianvitulano,

Yes, I did that. My current version is the latest one: 26.0.1. The bug still occurs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rares Molnar,

thank you for your reply. Did you also try uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe Illustrator again? I can advise you to use the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool to uninstall the software and do a deeper cleaning, to delete even corrupt files that might create problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gianvitulano,
Yes, and thank you for your cooperation. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe Illustrator and did not work. The problem still occurs. It's happening every single time when I have to close the application. When I'm working everything works just fine. The problem appears only then closing Adobe Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rares Molnar,

thank you for all the information you are providing us. They are really important. I recommend using the Log Collector tool and sharing the result. This will help us to understand what causes the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Rares Molnar

Sorry about the trouble. I would request you to try our latest Prerelease build, v26.0.2, in which we have tried to address this issue.

Please follow the instructions below to get this:
1. If you are not already part of the Illustrator Prerelease program, then please click this link to join the prerelease – https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/85A6F544-2705-49BD-8314-DD549C6A1713
2. Accept Prerelease Agreement
3. Go to Creative Cloud Desktop and look for Prerelease in the Apps section.
4. Install/Update to Illustrator Prerelease 26.0.2 from Creative Cloud Desktop Pre-Release Tab (This will not replace the existing installation of Release build of Illustrator)

Please let us know whether this issue is fixed for you in this prerelease build or not.

This build also contains fixes for stability, security, and some other reported issues.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime I try to close the program it gets stuck and I have to go to the task manager and shut down.  Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any detailed system info we can't really tell you much. Such behavior is typically related to driver crashes or hardware going into sleep modes, so check your device manager and update your drivers. Also check the event viewer of course for what's actually causing this problem.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, same pb on my pc: Illustrator 2022 don't close correctly, it waits and I need to choose End Task.
Here are few details. GTX 1660 Ti graphic card driver is updated.
Thx

2021-11-10 11_01_32-Sans titre - 1_ @ 86,05 % (CMJN_Aperçu)  (Ne répond pas).png

2021-11-10 11_00_46-Sans titre - 1_ @ 86,05 % (CMJN_Aperçu)  (Ne répond pas).png

  

2021-11-10 10_59_32-Sans titre - 1_ @ 86,05 % (CMJN_Aperçu).png

 

------------------------------
Le programme Illustrator.exe version 26.0.1.731 a cessé d'interagir avec Windows et a été fermé. Pour voir si plus d'informations sur le problème sont disponibles, vérifiez l'historique des problèmes dans le Panneau de configuration Sécurité et maintenance.
ID de processus : 3d44
Heure de début : 01d7d61930e915a3
Heure d'arrêt : 87
Chemin d'accès à l'application : C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 2022\Support Files\Contents\Windows\Illustrator.exe
ID de rapport : a71b2d4b-b9ef-4f50-ac12-fd25e38e6605
Nom complet du package défectueux :
ID de l'application relative à un package défectueux :
Type de blocage : Unknown
-------------------------------------

- <System>
  <Provider Name="Application Hang" />
  <EventID Qualifiers="0">1002</EventID>
  <Level>2</Level>
  <Task>101</Task>
  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2021-11-10T10:01:45.460088800Z" />
  <EventRecordID>137021</EventRecordID>
  <Channel>Application</Channel>
  <Computer>X</Computer>
  <Security />
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data>Illustrator.exe</Data>
  <Data>26.0.1.731</Data>
  <Data>3d44</Data>
  <Data>01d7d61930e915a3</Data>
  <Data>87</Data>
  <Data>C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 2022\Support Files\Contents\Windows\Illustrator.exe</Data>
  <Data>a71b2d4b-b9ef-4f50-ac12-fd25e38e6605</Data>
  <Data />
  <Data />
  <Data>Unknown</Data>
  <Binary>55006E006B006E006F0077006E0000000000</Binary>
  </EventData>
  </Event>
- <System>
  <Provider Name="Application Hang" />
  <EventID Qualifiers="0">1002</EventID>
  <Level>2</Level>
  <Task>101</Task>
  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2021-11-10T10:01:45.460088800Z" />
  <EventRecordID>137021</EventRecordID>
  <Channel>Application</Channel>
  <Computer>X</Computer>
  <Security />
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data>Illustrator.exe</Data>
  <Data>26.0.1.731</Data>
  <Data>3d44</Data>
  <Data>01d7d61930e915a3</Data>
  <Data>87</Data>
  <Data>C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 2022\Support Files\Contents\Windows\Illustrator.exe</Data>
  <Data>a71b2d4b-b9ef-4f50-ac12-fd25e38e6605</Data>
  <Data />
  <Data />
  <Data>Unknown</Data>
  <Binary>55006E006B006E006F0077006E0000000000</Binary>
  </EventData>
  </Event>
----------------------------------

Nom du système d’exploitation Microsoft Windows 10 Professionnel
Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
Autre description du système d’exploitation Non disponible
Fabricant du système d’exploitation Microsoft Corporation
Ordinateur X
Fabricant Hewlett-Packard
Modèle HP Z420 Workstation
Type PC à base de x64
Référence (SKU) du système WM521ET#ABF
Processeur Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1650 0 @ 3.20GHz, 3201 MHz, 6 cÅ“ur(s), 12 processeur(s) logique(s)
Version du BIOS/Date Hewlett-Packard J61 v03.18, 01/07/2013
Version SMBIOS 2.7
Version du contrôleur embarqué 255.255
Mode BIOS Hérité
Fabricant de la carte de base Hewlett-Packard
Produit de la carte de base 1589
Version de la carte de base 0.00
Rôle de la plateforme Station de travail
État du démarrage sécurisé Non pris en charge
Configuration de PCR 7 Liaison impossible
Répertoire Windows C:\WINDOWS
Répertoire système C:\WINDOWS\system32
Périphérique de démarrage \Device\HarddiskVolume3
Option régionale France
Couche d’abstraction matérielle Version = "10.0.18362.1533"
Utilisateur X
Fuseaux horaires Paris, Madrid
Mémoire physique (RAM) installée 64,0 Go
Mémoire physique totale 63,9 Go
Mémoire physique disponible 48,6 Go
Mémoire virtuelle totale 72,6 Go
Mémoire virtuelle disponible 52,1 Go
Espace pour le fichier d’échange 8,69 Go
Fichier d’échange C:\pagefile.sys
Protection DMA du noyau Désactivé
Sécurité basée sur la virtualisation Désactivé
Prise en charge du chiffrement d’appareil%s Motifs de l’échec du chiffrement de l’appareil automatique: TPM inutilisable, Liaison PCR7 non prise en charge, L'interface du test de sécurité du matériel a échoué et l'appareil n'est pas en veille moderne., Détection de bus/d’appareils compatibles DMA non autorisés, Désactivé par la stratégie, TPM inutilisable
Hyper-V - Extensions du mode de moniteur des ordinateurs virtuels Oui
Hyper-V - Extensions de la conversion des adresses de second niveau Oui
Hyper-V - Virtualisation activée dans le microprogramme Non
Hyper-V - Protection de l’exécution des données Oui

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2021-11-10 10_59_32-Sans titre - 1_ @ 86,05 % (CMJN_Aperçu).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe support was able to fix this for me remotely after I tried all I'm currently capable of doing at this time. I would reach out. It's so refreshing to be done with this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replay.
What was the issue in your case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reply* ^^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A technician will do a remote intervention. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry about the trouble. I would request you to share a few more details like:

• OS and the exact version of Illustrator
  • Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, plugins, or web extensions installed recently.
  • Does resetting Illustrator Preferences ( https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html) help to resolve the issue?
    Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Also, you may try running the app in the Hidden Admin account (MacWindows) and see if you are able to close Illustrator without this error.

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
Here are few informations:

- Windows 10 pro Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363

- Illustrator 26.0.1

- No plugins

- GTX 1660 ti driver updated, Wacom's driver updated

- Others Adobe apps are updated and works fine

Things made by the first technician yesterday and by me this morning with no success:

- Unsinstall (without keeping prefs) & Install again Installation
- Reset Prefs
- Run Illustrator as Administrator

- Run without Antivirus

- Microsoft Edge updated and set as default browser

BUT here is maybe something interesting:
Illustrator close normaly when internet connection is off.
It looks like the issue is caused by cloud space synchronisation (Which I don't use) and only with Illustrator (It's okay with other apps).
I tried to pause sync from creative cloud's general options but when Illustrator starts it's seems to still sync with cloud (No cross on the cloud icon)
Another detail: when internet connection is on and I try to disconnect the user (help / disconnect useradress), the dialog box which should show connection alert or fields (As on others Adobe apps) is white and freeze.
I hope all of this will help.
I should have a call from an French technician soon.
Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details. I hope the issue is resolved by now. If not, I would suggest you to try the suggestions shared by "geu26" on this community post (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/illustrator-2022-26-0-1-crashes-on-exit-every...) and let us know if t helps.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunatly no technician's call for the moment.
Thank you for the link. It seems that the interface is a bit different than in the video, but it looks like there are no informations shared. I tried each menu and page and didn't saw other Privacy settings.
Regards

2021-11-18 08_13_25-Adobe Account - Opera.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a detail, I'm the administrator of a Business team account, thanks to my account I can get in licence attributions. (I don't know if this helps)
In our company, I'm the only one who has this issue with this update. So it doesn't seem to be a proxy or other network pb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried to re-install Visual C++ Redistributable. No changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And finally: As the re-install of Visual C++ Redistributable asked me to reboot the pc, I went again, after start, in the account setting and could see Privacy Settings (Image attached) (Cache issue?... any way...).
Sharing informations and Machine Learning are now OFF and Illustrator 2022 can be closed 
correctly! 
Thx again for the link!
This solved the issue:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kenAIsJEyJU

(For French users searchs)
Une rapide traduction en Français du pb rencontré: si après mise à jour, Illustrator 2022 plante à la fermeture, le pb peut être lié au partage d'informations avec Adobe sur votre compte.
Suivre les instructions de la vidéo ci-dessus pour le désactiver.
Pb résolu sur mon poste grâce à cela ! (après de nombreux autre essais tels que Reset des préférences, re-installation, désactivation de l'antivirus, mise à jour des drivers..etc..)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my latest illustrator is crashing every time I try to close out the program. everything was fine at first but, now my illustrator doesn't respond everything I close the program now. 

Please give me a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines