• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2020 won't let me use the touch screen on Windows 10

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure there's a simple fix somewhere but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I'm using a Dell laptop with a touch screen and I'm trying to use my fingers to draw with a brush and nothing happens, I can't even zoom in or out by pinching the screen. This is really strange as I have made drawings before with finger painting and had no problems. The most I can do is tap the screen and a dot will appear from the brush but it will not let me drag. My touch screen works normally everywhere else, even Photoshop.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Thanks for sharing the details, Anatoly.  A similar issue was reported in previous release but nothing similar to this has been reported in this update. Try following below-mentioned steps and share your observations:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Disabling and re-enabling my touch screen driver worked per this other thread.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/touch-gestures-not-working-in-illustrator-on-windows-system/m-p/11575106

Device Manager > Human Interface Devices > HID-Compliant-Touch Screen

Using a Mouse, Right-click on the HID-Compliant-Touch screen and choose "Disable Device

Right-click again and choose "Enable Device"

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anatoly,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with Illustrator. I would request that if you can share a few more details like:

• OS and version of Illustrator
  • Does the Brush tool work fine when used with mouse?
  • Are you using Touch workspace or Typography?
  • Is the issue related to a specific document(s)/asset(s)? If yes, could you please share the document(s)/asset(s) with us? You can upload it to the creative cloud and share the download link. 

All this information will help us understand this issue better and troubleshoot accordingly.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti,

Here are the answers to your questions:

• I am using a Dell running Windows with Illustrator version 10 23.0.6 (64-bit)
  • Brush tool has no problems with the mouse and touchpad
  • Whether I am in Touch Workspace or not, the same issue persists
  • It is not associated with one document, I cannot use the touch screen in any new Illustrator document I open, except for old documents where I have drawn with the touch screen before. This makes me think it is related to the version of Illustrator or an update that occurred in between?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details, Anatoly.  A similar issue was reported in previous release but nothing similar to this has been reported in this update. Try following below-mentioned steps and share your observations:

• Update Illustrator to the latest version 24.0.1.
  • If that doesn't help, try resetting preferences for Illustrator: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html#setting_illustrator_preferences 
    Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article
  • Update Graphic Card driver.
  • If nothing works, please head here (https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html) for a live troubleshooting session. Select the chat button in the lower-right corner of the page. We can help troubleshoot faster that way. 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Disabling and re-enabling my touch screen driver worked per this other thread.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/touch-gestures-not-working-in-illustrator-on-...

Device Manager > Human Interface Devices > HID-Compliant-Touch Screen

Using a Mouse, Right-click on the HID-Compliant-Touch screen and choose "Disable Device

Right-click again and choose "Enable Device"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines