• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2021 26.0 Constantly crashes

Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've been reading many people having this issue. It is so frustrating to work like this, because when I open the files, the links are all broken, and most of the artwork is ruined, so I have to work with a previous version I saved and discard the recovery useless version.
It has been crashing all of a sudden for random reasons, like deleting an effect from the properties little bin icon, while using the text tool or any other simple tool... but now it crashes when I try to edit the adobe PDF presets; I press on any of the presets I have, then I hit the edit button, and after I've finish and I press save, it just crashes, it doesn't get stuck, with the program frozen or anything, it just decides to turn off bye bye... It's really frustrating!
I've read some people say it gets fixed with the 26.02 version, but in my creative cloud panel it appears as updated to the latest version.
Any advice?

I'm using a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) with macOS Big Surf 11.6.2 (20G314)

Thank you.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mentor ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it only crashing on old files or new ones too?

Try a prefs reset although I think you'll loose all your pdf presets, you might want to back them up first (Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe PDF\Settings and/or ProgramData\Adobe\Adobe PDF\Settings but check that out first).

If that doesn't fix things you'll need to run the cleaner tool - read about it here: helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying.
I tried the steps you gave me, and run the creative cloud cleaner, uninstalled all adobe apps and re-install, and nothing. It stills crashing after pressing save, it just closes the program, it doesn't even get stuck with the timer icon. It's so frustrating because that means that the program will continue crashing all of a sudden in the middle of working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you need to contact adobe and have one of their techs remote in and solve...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines