Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Illustrator 2021] Colors are faded after export

New Here ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi eveyrone ! 

I know people have already asked about colors in Illustrator, but even though I read every post I could find about an issue with colors during exportation with Illustrator, I do not seem to find a solution. 

My issue is : everytime I am trying to export a png or jpeg, the colors of my illustration are faded.

Things I have checked : 

• My document has a RGB profile
  • My colors are compatible with RGB colors (the color that fades the most : R 117 , G 204 , B 211)
  • I have tried to export multiple times, with different options and nothing seems to work

This issue was not there before, but it's been a few months and I am struggling. 

I will attach screenshots so you can see what is wrong (left is on Illustrator, right is when I did an export)

Again, I am really sorry that this post might come as repetitive, but I am really struggling to find a solution. 

(PS : I am sorry if my post is not super understandable as English is not my native language). 

Floriane

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you export? Using Export for screens? There's a bug with it converting to CMYK on export with JPEGs

Can you try if the same happens when you use Save for Web?

If that doesn't work  either, please tell us about your use of color management and color profiles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Monika, 

I did try to export with "Export for screens"; "Export", "Export for the web", the example attached is from"Export for screens". I did try for Save for Web but it's the same result.

I am a begginer therefore I am not sure what to answer about Color Management & Color Profiles. I have attached a screenshot of the 'colors tab' but it is in French. 

Thank you for your help !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your color settings look OK, although You should not set the RGB to convert to color space, because it will constantly change the color numbers. Rather leave the color profile intact.

Which color profile is attached to your files? The working profile sRGB or some other profile?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the advice about the color numbers, I was wondering why it kept changing, thank you very much. 

Where should I check for the color profile on the files? I have attached a screenshot but I do not know if it is what you thought about. 

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have the working space attached.

Do you have any soft proof set up in the View menu?

Which application do you use to check the exported image? Try Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Monika,

I have answered to @Ton Frederiks just under this, I do not have access to Photoshop at my work, but I did open the file on my personal laptop, and the export was perfectly fine. I think the issue might come from my external computer at work. 

For the "soft proof " in the View menu, I am not sure what you are asking about ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the faded color in Illustrator in an sRGB document.

So maybe your document color profile is not sRGB.

Can you check if you can see a difference in Edit > Assign Profile... between the Working RGB  and the Profile?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I attached and this is what the settings are when I go to Edit > Assign profile.

Should I change the settings ? 

Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That should not be the problem, your working RGB (from the Color Settings) is the same as your document RGB.

Do you have an external monitor attached? If so do colors change when moving the document window to the other display?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are right and the issue might come from the external screen I have. The issue I am facing is on my work setup (Windows on a PC & a screen monitor). Yesterday night, I tried to export the same Illustrator file on my personnal Mac laptop, and the colors seemed perfectly fine. This morning at work, I opened the exact same export (USB key), and the color does not match on my screen monitor. However, I followed your advice and it seems that on the PC screen the color is matching which I do not get why. It might come from my screen monitor, but I do not get why the color would be different. Thank you very much for you help. 

(I have attached 2 screenshots "pc1" and "screen2" which show how strange the issue is)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick update : I try to open it in multiple softwares or website, and also on my phone. The colors on the comparison screenshot I did on my work PC turns perfecyly fine. However, all the exports I did still look very dull. I do think something might still be wrong with my export on Illustrator and not only the monitor. For now on I think I will just restrain using this type of blue.

I have attached two screenshots that were both taken from my iPhone : 

• ScreenshotillustratorvsPC : a side by side Illustrator on the left and the export, I took a screenshot on my PC and then displayed it on my phone. The color seems super great. 
  • Exportonmyphone : I did an export on my PC and then I send it to my phone. The colors are very dull as it was on my external monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Floriane98,

We understand that dealing with technical difficulties during the exporting process can be quite frustrating. We hope the issue has been resolved, but if not, please provide us with more details such as the exact version of your operating system and Illustrator, your system configuration including CPU, GPU, and memory, and a sample file (provided via https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/share-your-files-in-6-simple-steps/td-p/12967...). This information will help us investigate the issue further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines