• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2022 crashes when trying to save eps files

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my illustrator again today (as I did last week) and it is still crashing on me, constantly!  I cannot save as an eps file (which is critical when trying to distill files).  I am in a deadline driven set up and I'm way behind because of this.  I am on a Mac running Moterey.  When I did today's update, the first one saved fine, the rest did not.  It crashes everytime I try to save as eps.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you saving your files to? Externally (HD or server) or local HD?

Is there a specific reason you are distilling your files instead of going straight to PDF from Illustrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am saving them into my distiller in box mostly, but it also happens when saving it in a regular folder.  All on my local HD. 

We always distill files for newspaper print purposes.  Mostly to remove all chance of color going through on a BW file and to make sure everything is CMYK when it processes.  And it appears to compress the files more than going straigt to a pdf format.  I am open to options, but would like to figure out the WHY of this all.  It has me way behind.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting your AI preferences?

Go to Preferences/General and click the rest button at the bottom. Quit and relaunch AI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I will try and let you know back if it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for the first file, but it is starting up with the same issues again.  Either locking up during save, shutting down during the save or telling me it can't save the illustration.  When that happens, there is an AI temp file in the distiller I can sometimes use.  I would still like to know this answer, but you mentioned the AI pdf and I can do that, then distill it through Acrobat as a work around.  (at least for now anyway.)  Any other ideas?  I attached the computer specs to this reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you can just write down the specs? PDFs need to be downloadded and then opened.

I would just stay away from EPS.

In order to have purely CMYK in the output file, you can just convert it to CMYK when saving as PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on a Mac?

If so, go to Apple System Prefs/Security and Privacy - make sure Illustrator is listed in Full Disk Access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will make sure of that and let you know what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Rob23893159ru9g,

Sorry to hear about the experience. I hope the steps provided by Kevin solved the issue. If not, kindly share a few more details like:

• Please submit the Crash Report by following the steps in this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html
    While submitting the crash report, please use the same email address with which you are signed in on this community. This will help us find the crash report and help accordingly.
  • Is it acting this way with some specific files? Would it be possible for you to share the download link to the file in which you are facing this issue here or via DM?
    To send a DM, click on my profile picture and then click on the "Send a Message" button to send the DM.

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines