• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2022 crashing/ Not Responding/ while closing/ exiting on Windows machine

Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This wasnt happening on the previous version. This only began the minute I updated. I've reset the prefernces and still nothing. I'm on the latest build for Windows 10 Pro, 21H1, OS build 19043.1348, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0

Dont even need to have opened a file. Open the app, close the app it freezes.

Only way to close it is Ending the Process through task manager.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Hi All,

We are sorry about the trouble. I would request you to update to v26.0.2. We have tried to address this issue in this release. If you don't see this update, you may manually check for updates in the Creative Cloud desktop app. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 127 Replies 127
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to close Illustrator 2022, for some reason. It freezes and refuses to finish the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Franklytired,

which OS are you running illustrator on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Home
Version 21H1
Installed on ‎20-‎Jun-‎21
OS build 19043.1288
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add, I'm having the exact same issue (only with Illustrator, the other CC apps seem to be functioning just as they were before the "upgarde"). 

I did read further down and and saw the replies, only one thing is differnt is my version of Windows 10 is 21H2. I'd love to hear if this got resolved and how so. 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you migrate the preferences when updating? Most of the time this irritates Illustrator.

Does Illustrator have sufficient privileges to write to the disk? When closing it needs to update the preferences file. When this is not possible, usually it crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you migrate the preferences when updating?

Yes, resetting and deleting preferences didn't solved it tho'

Does Illustrator have sufficient privileges to write to the disk? When closing it needs to update the preferences file. When this is not possible, usually it crashes.

By @Monika Gause

It has and this problem persist even using "run as administrator"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might need to contact Customer Care so they can have a look into your system: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @FranklyTired & @redkau,

Sorry about the trouble. I would request you to try our latest Prerelease build, v26.0.2, in which we have tried to address this issue.

Please follow the instructions below to get this:
1. If you are not already part of the Illustrator Prerelease program, then please click this link to join the prerelease – https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/85A6F544-2705-49BD-8314-DD549C6A1713
2. Accept Prerelease Agreement
3. Go to Creative Cloud Desktop and look for Prerelease in the Apps section.
4. Install/Update to Illustrator Prerelease 26.0.2 from Creative Cloud Desktop Pre-Release Tab (This will not replace the existing installation of Release build of Illustrator)

Please let us know whether this issue is fixed for you in this prerelease build or not.

This build also contains fixes for stability, security, and some other reported issues.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues since a few days. 
Oven only when starting and closing without loading any project.
I'm running Illustrator2022 on Window 10 Pro
Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042
Only Plugin in use is the Overlord Plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I go to close Illustrator it crashes and then when I open it again my keyboard shortcuts are reset and any other "do not show again" boxes show up again. it's like half resetting to default and it's annoying please help! "This happens on all currently updated programs I use (photoshop and Indesign)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the trouble. I would request you to update to v26.0.2. We have tried to address this issue in this release. If you don't see this update, you may manually check for updates in the Creative Cloud desktop app. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue, here is a Youtube video I found trying to fix something else turns out it fixed the Illustrator issue too. Good luck.

https://youtu.be/kenAIsJEyJU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After 2 Nightmare days I have dumped version 26, absolutely nothing works properly, cant even exit the program, I have reverted to version 25, why are we paying a huge subscription for something that does not work!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works for me. If you had a specific problem with it you'd like to go into detail on, perhaps it could be solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Way too many issues to get in to! Can't even quit the program when I do get it to open, I have deleted prefs etc.

nothing works,

Have reverted back to version 25 which works perfectly I use illustrator every single day so I cant spend any more time

on a version that simply doesn't work ( for me) I'm on windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @mikek53457459,

Sorry about the trouble. I would request you to try our latest Prerelease build, v26.0.2, in which we have tried to address this issue.

Please follow the instructions below to get this:
1. If you are not already part of the Illustrator Prerelease program, then please click this link to join the prerelease – https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/85A6F544-2705-49BD-8314-DD549C6A1713
2. Accept Prerelease Agreement
3. Go to Creative Cloud Desktop and look for Prerelease in the Apps section.
4. Install/Update to Illustrator Prerelease 26.0.2 from Creative Cloud Desktop Pre-Release Tab (This will not replace the existing installation of Release build of Illustrator)

Please let us know whether this issue is fixed for you in this prerelease build or not.

This build also contains fixes for stability, security, and some other reported issues.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know if you fixed the issue - hopefully by know you have, but this is what worked for me. a Youtube video I found trying to fix something else turns out it fixed the Illustrator issue too. Good luck.

https://youtu.be/kenAIsJEyJU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Few users have confirmed that after updating to v26.0.2 has resolved the issue for them.
I would request you to turn on the settings you have turned off and update to v26.0.2 to check & confirm if the issue is resolved for you or not.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

illustrator isn't responding while i trying to close it

although it's working fine

i tried many solutions i saw here in community and the problem still happened

i tried to uninstall illustrator and install again , tried to uninstall the creative cloud and reinstall again

tried also to reset prefrences and all not working

and it can't be closed only if i used task manager to force close

can anyone help ?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you run the cleaner tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no , how to use it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i tried to open it didn't run

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you read the message? - it even suggests to you what the problem (and hence the solution) might be...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, i contacted customer support

I only make update on windows and it works!

Thank you 👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines