Illustrator 2022 crashing using "inflate"

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never had a problem until now with Illustrator. I'm running Windows 10 Pro, 32 Gb ram, GeForce RTX 2070, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz; I've got somewhere around 750 Gb free disk space. And I've never had a problem using any of the effects in Illustrator. Today, it suddenly keeps crashing and running out of memory when I use the 3D and Materials - Inflate effect. I can turn everything else on my computer off, and it still won't render. I can't figure out why all of a sudden. I've restarted the computer, re-started Illustrator, reset Illustrator settings, double-checked my GPU acceleration, and every other setting I can find. I can play any game without issues, yet this crash is now telling me I'm out of memory. Illustrator is the latest version too. Any advice?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Hello @Jerthemuse,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I would request you try updating the GPU drivers and check if it helps. Also, try the steps shared by Monika and share your observations with us.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it work when you inflate a simple small rectangle?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Jerthemuse,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I would request you try updating the GPU drivers and check if it helps. Also, try the steps shared by Monika and share your observations with us.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines