• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2022 Keeps Crashing constantly v26.4.1 - Progress / processing bar

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened an existing PDF file to edit. Can only work for a few minutes before program crashes and everythng disappears.

When trying to open the file again, or just the program, it says "Adobe Illustrator just recovered from a crash." The progam then says "processing" and that lasts for 20 minutes or forever. (Even though file is only 705 KB.)
It keeps happening over and over again.

Can't even open Illustrator because it keeps trying to recover the last file.

The PDF file had an "unknown shading" error, but that appeared to go away after the first save.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Hi All,

We are sorry for the trouble. Many users have reported this.

Deleting the .runConfig & .runConfigRobin files from the following location should improve or fix the issue entirely.

Windows:

C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 26 Settings\en_US\x64

On Windows, "AppData" is a hidden folder. Steps to see hidden files & folders on windows are here (https://bit.ly/3BXFhqb).

Mac:

/Users//Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator 26 Settings/en_US

On Mac, user library and .runCo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would installing an older version of Illustrator work rather than resetting the preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue too. I can't open any menus without it freezing. It just gives me a progress-processing pop-up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I set it to 1 version back and it seems to run stable now with no issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will probably do this. What are the steps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I figured out how to go back to previous versions. View all Adobe apps, then click on the three dots and select "other versions". Boom, I'm back in business. The only problem, my preferences are all gone.Screen Shot 2022-08-09 at 9.20.01 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having issues.  I tried to create a new file 3" x 3" and added a text box.  When I try to change the font it crashes and I get the processing pop up no matter what I try to do when it tells me it has recovered my file (try to say ok and try to cancel).  Nothing is working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't even open a new workbook without it crashing! Nothing is working in illustrator without crashing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having problems too. I've tried a few files and it just shuts down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get ANY work done either, this new update has only caused more issues! So frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the same exact boat, I've been trying to get back my recovered file for about 20 mins now. This is after multiple crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually wound up having to delete it (and all my preferences) and reinstall (the latest version) and it now works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issues with it crashing from just opening a file, doesn't matter what file I choose or how big it is (I chose several, AI, PDF, EPS, SVG from 500KB to over 10MB). It doesn't even give me a pop-up; just closes and that's it. Started just now. I've already reverted to the previous version as suggested in other posts, but it is pretty concerning considering the majority of the work I do is on Illustrator. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, started again today, so I wound up uninstalling and reinstalling a version down.  So far it seems to be working okay.  Hopefully the next update will address the issues everyone is having.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue too,  it just shuts down. with every file. I set it to 1 version back and it seems to run stable now with no issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are sorry for the trouble. Many users have reported this.

Deleting the .runConfig & .runConfigRobin files from the following location should improve or fix the issue entirely.

Windows:

C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 26 Settings\en_US\x64

On Windows, "AppData" is a hidden folder. Steps to see hidden files & folders on windows are here (https://bit.ly/3BXFhqb).

Mac:

/Users//Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator 26 Settings/en_US

On Mac, user library and .runConfig files are hidden. Press "cmd + shift + ." (period/ dot) keys together to see the hidden files & folders.

If this doesn't help, you may roll back and install the older v26.3.1, and I would request you to upvote this UserVoice (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/45531835-progre...) and add your comment there. 

Let us know how it goes after deleting the files. I will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

#Marking it correct to highlight

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Windows solution posted by Anshul Saini worked for me. Illustrator 26.4.1 is back up and running on my Windows 10 machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Tried to do this but the roaming folder contained a few empty folders when I found it? It's honestly probably how my workplace has nested various folders within their system. The whole setup is a bit wonky and tedious. I most likely have to contact my internal IT person to help me fix it this way. In the meantime, rolling back to the previous version of Illustrator has worked just fine. Hopefully with any future updates this will be fixed and I can download the most recent version again without having to contact IT.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Second update: I decided to go in and delete the adobe illustrator 2022 program folder off my computer completely and do a fresh install. I've done a couple of projects already and everything seems to be doing fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When are you going to take in consideration there is a big problem with Illustrator and solve it? Have you read all the messages about Illustrator crashing recently?

Since the last update, 3 days ago, when I try to open an AI file, the program starts and crashes immendiately; when I start Illustrator and try to open a file directly from Illustrator, the program crashes after a few minutes, sometime a few seconds...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patrice,

we are sorry that you are experiencing problems with Adobe Illustrated. We will do our best to help you. Could you indicate what are the features of your computer, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please work fast, it's my money!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

At the moment, I'm using my laptop, lenovo ideapad 330s, running with windows 10 21H2 (build n°19044.1826). But the problem also occured on the PC I use at work (ASUS, can't remember the model, running with windows 11)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its the same for me. Keep crashing as soon as i open it up. Was working fine before the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem her too! Illustrator crashes constantly after yesterday's update 
Windows 10 Pro, version 21H2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not save my work as PDF and not as EPS. Ai was working, but now it is blocked by windows that show some memmory-progress, but in real there is happening nothing. CPU is 0%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines