Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Illustrator 2022 not responding on WIndows Machine

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've force stopped and deleted all of my preferences. The only way I can get Illustrator to shut down is CTRL-ALT-DELETE. Then there are no recent files saved. Can I uninstall illustrator and re-install it, or will this cause added issues?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds crazy, but none of the "complicated" answers worked. All I had to do was go into my Adobe Profile, then Privacy settings and uncheck the "Desktop and app usage" and "Machine Learning" boxes. Adobe "Big Brother" caused the crashing?!? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear that work, @staceyw72942591. I would request you to turn on these settings in Adobe Profile and try our latest Prerelease build, v26.0.2, in which we have tried to address this issue.

Please follow the instructions below to get this:
1. If you are not already part of the Illustrator Prerelease program, then please click this link to join the prerelease – https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/85A6F544-2705-49BD-8314-DD549C6A1713
2. Accept Prerelease Agreement
3. Go to Creative Cloud Desktop and look for Prerelease in the Apps section.
4. Install/Update to Illustrator Prerelease 26.0.2 from Creative Cloud Desktop Pre-Release Tab (This will not replace the existing installation of Release build of Illustrator)

Please let us know whether this issue is fixed for you in this prerelease build or not.

This build also contains fixes for stability, security, and some other reported issues.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines