• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2022 Terribly Slow Copying

Participant ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since I have upgraded to the 2022 version, I have noticed that my copy function is terribly slow. I used to be able to copy and paste basically immediately, but now I have to wait for quite a while as it copies any object. This is the first time I remember getting a spinning wheel when copying something other than a very large vector object. What could be going on?

My system is an HPZ4 Workstation with a 4.0 Ghz Xeon processor, 32GB ram, Win 10, Nvidia Quadro P2000.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the experience. I would request you to please share a few more details like:

• Confirm the OS Build, OS version & exact version of Illustrator
  • Is the happening while working on a specific document? If yes, could you please share the document with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud or dropbox and share the download link.
  • Where are you saving the files (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System/ External HDD)?
  • Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, plugins, or web extensions installed recently.
  • Is there any clipboard app installed on your Windows 10?
  • Does resetting Illustrator Preferences ( https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html) help to resolve the issue?
    Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My OS build is Windows 10 Pro for workstations

Version 20H2

OS Build- 19042.1348

Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0

There is not a particular document that causes the slow copy/paste. It is every document, everytime, regardless of file size. It doesn't matter if I save it to my local drive or a network drive, although saving still works as it always has. 

I have restarted, reinstalled illustrator, reset preferences, and still nothing. Illustrator was working fine until I installed Illustrator 2022. The issue was immediate. It's very frustrating and has really became an issue as our work load has increased. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details. I'd recommend you to connect with our technical support team (https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen). The team here would be able to perform remote troubleshooting and assist you accordingly.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2023 Dec 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same issue with the latest version as well. Every time I attempt to copy an object from one file to another, it feels like it takes a century to complete the action. It keeps spinning for 2-3 minutes, then a dialogue box appears and continues loading for another 2 minutes. What on earth is going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How complex are the objects you're trying to copy to the clipboard and paste? Does both the source document where you're copying objects from and the target document where you're trying to paste the elements have the same color space, color profiles, etc?

Other troubleshooting items to check: driver updates for the graphics card and other internal devices. How much RAM does your computer have installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bobby,

I'll show you what's happening through a screen recording: https://youtu.be/H-Py-Y0jrys

As you can see, I had to stop the recording after 5 minutes because the copying process was still ongoing. I also tried copying another, less complex object (see the attached image below), but the app seemed to stop responding with that as well. It's incredibly frustrating because I could manage this kind of artwork even on my older machine.

I'm using a M2 Pro Mac with 32GB RAM. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @hackettlai,

Thank you for sharing the screen recording and providing additional details. I understand that you're experiencing slow and unresponsive behavior when copying complex objects in Illustrator on your M2 Pro Mac with 32GB RAM.

To assist you further and investigate the issue thoroughly, could you please share the actual Illustrator file that you are working on? This will help us analyze the specific elements and complexity of the artwork, enabling us to identify potential optimizations or solutions.

You can upload the file to a cloud storage service (such as Google Drive, Dropbox, or Adobe Creative Cloud) and share the download link with us. Once we have access to the file, we can proceed with a more in-depth analysis.

Thank you for your patience, and we look forward to resolving this issue for you.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines