• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2022, Windows 10, miising Application Frame and Bar

Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I get them?  I would like to see the desktop while using Illustrator on the PC like I can on Mac. Application Frame, Bar Missing  2022 Illustrator.PNG2020 Illustrator_Mac.png

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , Import and export , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, Missing, not miising. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you pressed "F" accidentally, press it again to cycle through the Full Screen Mode

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, thank you for responding, but that's not it.  Look at the images above, the options for each are missing from the window settings.  Mac has them, Windows does not.  I read earlier post about this issue, it seems to be a recurring problem.  Are there Plug - Ins that I can istall to get them back on Windows? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, sorry then I have no idea. I don't think Windows has that option, if there's one, I haven't heard of it.

Let's see if someone else chimes in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's weird.  Why would it be availible for Mac but not Windows?  Thank you again for your response. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Mac the floating windows/palettes is a legacy of old design principles in the OS (at one point, the application frame wasn't even an option -- it was introduced to match Windows). The Windows apps have always been self-contained as far as I know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to get an update that allows this feature in Windows?  Or can I import legacy settings from a Mac version to Windows? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there is always an application frame in Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, Thank you. 

I'm attempting to use fonts that I've selected online on the desktop but they are not showing up.  Can I download the font files from CC, or are there steps I'm missing to ge them to show up in my fonts menu on the Desktop? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are they Adobe Fonts or from some other source?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, I found them on fonts.adobe, added them to a project, activated them from my project list, then checked in Illustrator for them but they are not not showing up.  I tried closing and reopening Illustrator....still no.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does AI tell you that there are missing fonts when you open the file? Did you check the fonts activation via the Fonts section of the Creative Clouds app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I'm creating the art, so I'm looking for fonts that match an image I'd like to get close to.  I tried finding the font from the image and Adobe answered with what it thought was similar, then went through the steps I descibed earlier.  So, now I've got the text in Illustrator that I'd like to use those fonts on, but they do not populate in my font finder.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fonts are activated on CC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it take them some time to transfer over to Illustrator? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not usually. What are the fonts?

Can you see them in other apps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fonts.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not see them in other apps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this probably won't help you but just to make sure it works on other computers

1. with illustrator open, I just went to fonts.adobe.com

2. searched for Mr Eaves XL

3. clicked the active button for Mr Eaves XL Mod OT Thin

4. went back to Illustrator

5. selected an existing text frame

6. went to the search Font in the Character panel

7. found and applied Mr Eaves XL Mod OT Thin font

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Windows 10, CC2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No dice, might be a firewall issue here, will have to ask IT.  Sorry to waste your time.  Thank you for all your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble. I hope the issue is resolved by now if not. You may try the following steps and let us know how it goes:

• Rename the CEP folder to CEP.old from the following location:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe
  • If that doesn't help, rename the UXP folder to UXP.old in the following locations:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\
  • If that doesn't help either, uninstall the application using the CC Cleaner tool and restart the system (most important) reinstall from the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

For font-related issues, you may try the steps suggested in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/fonts/kb/troubleshoot-font-activation.html). I hope it helps!

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines