• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2022 won't load, and it's getting worse

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to start Adobe Illustrator after the most recent updates, when I click the icon to load it, when I go into Creative Cloud to load it, or when I click on an .ai file to load it, I get the blue circle next to my mouse cursor, but it doesn't start. It appears in my Task Manager list -- once for each time I try to load the program! -- but it doesn't bring up the loading screen at all. It just... stops.

I have the latest updates for Windows 10, version 21H1. I've used the cleaner tool to completely remove it and when I did, it did start. But then I needed to restart my computer and we're back to not loading. I tried the tool again, and now even that isn't helping. I've searched for the help others have gotten on here. I've tried making the program an exception in my anti-virus. I've tried turning the anti-virus right off and trying to load it. I'm running out of ideas and patience for a program I've paid a lot more for and will apparently have to keep paying for -- I'm paying for a year of it, and this means that there's time I can't spend using the program. I'm getting very frustrated. Help would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Hi @sfred1911,

Sorry to hear about that. I hope the issue is replaced by now. If not, please try the steps suggested in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/plugin-missing-issue.html) and let us know how it goes. If you need help following these steps, please take a look at this response (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/error-loading-plugins-while-launching-illustrator-2020-24-1-2/m-p/11153043#M178050).

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022
It was fonts... all fixed now.

[cid:21da98b4-d8d9-4a79-9ffa-b6f4048afcff]

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

I *think* I've fixed it - it's running anyway. I repaired the MS Visual C++ that updated at the end of last year. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Thanks mate! I was having the same problem too. Had Trend Micro as well. Turned it off, and then tried loading illustrator and worked like a charm!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same! Installed Illustrator 26.01 Windows10 and it wouldn't load. Uninstalled, cleaned, reinstalled older version and nothing. Won't load. I'm definitely screwed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, installing older versions and nothing works. It just won't open no matter what I do. I need Illustrator to work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same her, cant work with Illustrator. Uninstalled, reinstalled 2022 and older versions and nothing happens. Really frustrating, i need it to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem I've trying everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so frustrating! I spent 2+ hours today with customer support remotely acessing my computer and they couldn't do anything to solve it. This problem started out of nowhere and it won't go away. Fix it, Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem ! please fix this quickly !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have the problem! Please I need Illustrator to work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I -literally- just changed my adobe plan to use Illustrator for work and can't acess it. This is incredibly frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: I'm not sure how many here use one, but I tested disabling my virus protection. That let it load.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't work for me. I use Windows Defender, tried disabling it but Illustrator still won't open

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was looking into testing some things to see if its related but SINCE I did my whole "turn off trend virus protection" and start illustrator, I havent needed to turn it off again.
That being said, since then I HAVE shut down my computer. I've had conversations over the possible interuptions from internet(thats what I was trying to test today but didn't need to) and "file locking" from the virus protection..and when one restarts the computer those file locks reset/stop.
I'm only saying this incase it helps give a clue to otherd of what might be blocking/locking it down.
I cannot prove or disprove in anyway that unplugging the internet did anything today because my steps today were:
1: Unplug internet.
2: Load successfully.
One I replugged it in, I didnt need to turn off the virus protection and it -always- loaded. My techincal engineer father and I are theorizing on if it DID anything or not. Wish we'd tested -before- unplugging. We're wondering if disconnecting the internet prevented the error and then once reconnected, the error wouldnt occur.

I'll try testing tomorrow /: See if its blocked first, then try my usual fixes.

So basically:

Solution 1: Turn off your virus protection before loading it.
POTENTIAL solutioin 2: Turn off your internet before loading.
Possibly related?: Restart your computer to reset any file locking?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks mate! I was having the same problem too. Had Trend Micro as well. Turned it off, and then tried loading illustrator and worked like a charm!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here,but the strangest thing is that it was running in the background...yuity7u.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not so strange. Every time I try launching the program, another copy of it appears in Task Manager. It's not that it's failing to load. Something is stopping its progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats why I turned off my Anti-virus. Though it certainly looks like it doesnt work for some. Others should try it.

Also I do recall in my search for an answer, something not quite related mentioning turning off internet to start Illustrator from your start menu instead. I know that because the anti virus program deals with blocking content going through internet connections, such a video game launcher and it's background updater, that it would be why it blocked something like creative cloud. But JUST to test, I suggest turning off your internet to try starting up illustrator in the start menu instead.

Also probably best to make sure you "end task" any previous attempts waiting in queue in your task manager before trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also note: ..this is a random suggestion because it just kinda came to mind. I'm suggesting this to people who turned off their anti virus protection(if they are 100% sure they did) and to try turning off the internet to temporary. I don't remember exactly what that answer came from but it's WHY I went to the anti virus solution..so it's kinda just a wild suggestion I guess now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I removed illustrator2022 and installed  2021version earlier,same problem happened.

And than I removed 2021version,close my PC-cillin,installed 2021version again, and it works!

If I open PC-cillin,than illustrator can't open,so before I use illustrator,I should close PC-cillin...quite annoying.

I was using illustrator2019 but I can't find anywhere to find it.

Anyway,thanks for sharing this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have illustrator in my anti virus exceptions and I have tried started program with my internet off still doesn't load and still shows up in my task manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem - yesterday it worked for a few hours, had to restart laptop and then it would load, but when trying to open an existing file or creating a new one it stopped responding. Uninstalled, reinstalled, now it won't even load....Uninstalled and tried to go on with an older version - AI won't load. Upgraded back to most current version...won't load.......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried the same thing all day today. 

Worked fine on Friday, today no file will open up, the interface loads fine, tried un-istalling back 2 versions and same thing.

The I tried updating all back to newest version, same result.

Help please........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jim22637645rul2,

Sorry to hear about this. It seems like some changes are done to your system as there were no Ai updates this week.

Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, plugins, or web extensions installed recently.

Please try running the app as an Administrator and see if that helps.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was fonts... all fixed now.

[cid:21da98b4-d8d9-4a79-9ffa-b6f4048afcff]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem. 

what did you do with the fonts to fix them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines