• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2023 animated zoom stop working and switch to CPU preview in Outline mode on Windows 10

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I use the creative cloud both at home on a PC (Windows 10) and at school on a Mac (Not sure any specs about it as I am not a Mac person typically). Illustrator works just fine on both, with one exception. On my PC, whenever I enter Outline Mode (Ctrl+Y) my animated/scrub zoom stops working and it switches to the marquee zoom. This does not happen on the Mac at my school (2022 version of Illustrator). On the Mac, animated/scrub zoom works in both views. I am unaware of the preferences on the Mac as they are set up by the school. On my PC, though, I have both the GPU Performance and the Animated zoom boxes checked in Preferences>Performance. It also states that my GPU is compatible. My GPU drivers are up to date.

My PC Specs:
Illustrator 2023

Windows 10 Pro
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor
16GB Installed RAM

Any help is appreciated as this really disrupts my workflow!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @DaSpill00,

I apologize for the inconvenience you're facing with Adobe Illustrator not using GPU preview in outline mode.

Here are some steps you can try to resolve the problem:

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions or need additional assistance.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2024 Jan 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines