Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2023 freezes all the time

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer is fast. 
But for some reason, Illustrator is so slow and freezes so often.
Please Adobe when is the next update to fix this issue?
This affects my client work so much!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your system and hardware specifications.

Does this affect all files?

Where are files located?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-7940X CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.10 GHz
64.0 GB
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it affect all files? How large are the files, what's in them?

Do you have any additional hardware connected? A wacom? Additional monitors? Third party plugins?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a wacom cintiq pro.
The vector files are not that high in detail. It can happen if I have a single png or jpg reference image.
To resolve I end up having to delete the rasta images, close Slack and or Itunes as illustrator is effected by other software being open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, other software will use RAM.

What happens when you disconnect the Cintiq and uninstall the driver? Wacom's drivers have been a mess recently. 

So just in order to test whether the Wacom is the cause of your issues, please uninstall it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will give it a try. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll second Monika's comments about Wacom's drivers. They did release a Windows driver update a few days ago (as well as two different quick fix releases of that update). As far as I can tell it seems to be working fine. Just make sure you're not using one of the Wacom drivers from January 2023.

Additionally, what kind of graphics card do you have installed in your computer system? If it is an NVidia board are you running the Game Ready driver or Studio driver? In either case is the driver up to date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Started working in illustrator again. The problem is still there. Lagging so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just an update. I've updated my wacom driver. Though now I'm not working in illustrator anymore. I'll have to send an update once I'm working on my next illustration brief. Appreciate all the help and advice. I'll keep you updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @leighw14213429,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. I hope the suggestions shared by Monika helped resolve the problem. If not, kindly try the suggestions shared in this community post (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/optimize-illustrator-performance.html) and check if it helps.

Also, try running Illustrator under Safe Mode (Windows / macOS) and share your observations.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2023 runs fine on my Win at work and Mac at home. What version of OS & Illustrator are you using? Make sure they are compatible with each other.

Illustrator system requirements | earlier releases

OOBE RESET WIN

Quit the Creative Cloud desktop app  (100% you must do this)

C:\Users\<user folder>\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE 

The AppData folder is hidden in Windows by default. See Show hidden files, folders, filename extensions | Windows for instructions to access it.

Delete all the files within the OOBE folder, but do not delete the folder itself.

Restart the computer and launch the Creative Cloud desktop app again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines