• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2023 keep saying "Can't finished previewing"

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since i updated my illustrator to 2023 ver, after editing a file for a while it keeps saying "can't finished previewing" even tho my file is relatively small. I have to repeatedly close the Illustrator and re-opening it, and it's disrupting my workflow. I tried some tutorial about changing plug-in settings but it doesn't seems to work.

I don't really know how to solve this issue since i never had this problem with 2022 version.

I just bought my macbook pro 13 inch M1 last November, the storage is still very plenty so i don't really think it's the problem. I'm running Ventura 13.1 OS and it's the latest OS on my macbook's update.

I don't use tablet/any hardware while editing my file.

Any advice or tutorial would help!

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Hi @Savenia Melinda,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing the details. I agree with Monika, 8GB is a bare minimum, and 16GB or more ram is recommended (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/system-requirements.html).

The error message "Can't finished previewing" generally happens when there is not enough memory to render the file preview. Also, memory is handled differently across Intel & Apple silicon Macs'. There were some memory leak issues in M1 Macbook.

Would you mind sharing the file in

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Small is apparently a very relative term. Those reeds/ grass on the right alone could contain thousands of points. that said, if it worked in 2022, consider going back to it:

Install previous versions of your Creative Cloud apps

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Macbook has 16 GB RAM?

Which other applications are open? Try closing down everything, particularly your browser.

When did you last reboot the computer? This frees up RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My macbook has 8 GB Ram, but it works fine in 2022 version. I often restarting my macbook and closing my browser too, but it doesn't seem to work? I wonder what's the issue cause i only experience it after upgrading to 2023 version... and after i updated my OS to Ventura 13.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

8 GB of RAM is just the bare minimum to launch Illustrator. Each new version is more demanding and the same goes for the system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what i think at first, but what confuses me my friend use the same version on macbook pro 2015 with also 8 GB Ram and she's not experiencing crash like i do. I wonder if it's because of the newest ver of adobe, or maybe cause i just updated my os to ventura, or both? Or maybe there's some setting i have to change in Adobe?

I'm quite frustrated. I'm not really tech savvy so i don't really understand what to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need more RAM.

Every new version of the software is more emanding. Same goes for the syatem. If it previously worked, then downgrade both the system and the application. But in the end it goes down to: more RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Savenia Melinda,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing the details. I agree with Monika, 8GB is a bare minimum, and 16GB or more ram is recommended (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/system-requirements.html).

The error message "Can't finished previewing" generally happens when there is not enough memory to render the file preview. Also, memory is handled differently across Intel & Apple silicon Macs'. There were some memory leak issues in M1 Macbook.

Would you mind sharing the file in which this issue was happening here or via DM? We'll check on our end.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the exact same issue on Windows with 16GB of RAM. Could you find a way to fix this issue @Savenia Melinda ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @lucasd56967724,

I'm sorry to hear that you are facing this issue with Illustrator. This error message can occur when Illustrator is unable to finish the process of previewing an image. One possible cause of this issue could be a corrupt layer or clip group layer in your document.

As you mentioned that you are experiencing this issue on a Windows machine with 16GB of RAM, it is unlikely to be a hardware limitation. However, if you are working with large files, it's always a good idea to ensure you have enough free disk space and that your computer meets the minimum system requirements for Illustrator.

To help you further, would you mind sharing the file in which this issue was happening? We'll be happy to check it on our end and see if we can identify the cause of the issue. You can share the file here or send it to me via DM.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines