• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 22.0 crashing on launch - Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont know it been 2 days, i can't open Adobe Illustrator at all. When i tried to open it, a windows that says "Adobe Illustrator was unable to identify the cause of The crash". I already tried every method that i can find from webs/forum/youtube. Some of them are reinstall, reset preference even downgrading from Ai 2020 to Ai 2017. Please I need this app for finishing my School Multimedia test. I hope any of you have the solution, because Illustrator is easy to use and easy to learn.

And here is a link to the crash report :

https://pastebin.com/raw/B0zuDyGy

Thanks, Have a great day 

-Koreon

TOPICS
Bug , Third party plugins , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Please try using this utility: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. Thanks for the advice. But unfortunately, it just wipes off the entire software just like i was uninstalling it. Is it suppose to do that? If yes then i'am doing good, if not, well i just reinstall the app wich i did. And is on and on and on just repeating the problem another error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it was supposed to remove the software--however, it does a "deeper" cleaning than a typical uninstall. Of course, you must reinstall afterwards. 

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, in addition to the suggestion from @marliton and actually probably before you try that—if Google Chrome is running on your system, quit it then try to launch Illustrator again. If it launches, then you can relaunch Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@tonyharmer This is interesting. I'll have to try this.

For a couple of versions, AI has crashed the first time I start it up after restarting my computer. It starts the second time, so I've been to lazy to track down the issue. However, I usually have Chrome open already.

My question: Chrome leaves a lot of processes running in the background even when it is closes/quit (on Windows, at least). Do you know if that affects AI at all?

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David

Chrome is leakier than a fishnet. It will continue to have some random effects on Illustrator until the panels all change to the newer architecture, so hopefully not too long. This fix does work for a lot of bugs though!

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice, but unfortunately this method is not working. I'm using Opera GX actually

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a shame—I would contact Adobe Customer Support for this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @koreonsmith ,

Sorry to hear about the problem. In addition to the suggestions shared above, I would request if you could share a few more details:

• Exact version of the OS and Illustrator.
  • Since when have you been facing this problem?
  • Have you tried updating to the latest version of Illustrator?
  • Share crash logs by following this article.

While submitting the crash, report please use the same email address, with which you are signed in on this community. This will help us find the crash report and help accordingly.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines