• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 24.2.3 Crashing on macOS Catalina

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently installed the latest version (24.2.3) of Illustrator and it keeps crashing while working on a project.

I've had to unistall this version and install the previous version in order to complete my projects.

Anyone else having this issue?

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Hi all,

We understand how frustrating crashes can be. We have consolidated the most popular solutions that help in fixing these issues and also, how you can recover unsaved documents after a crash. Please check this help article for more details.

If you still need help, feel free to reach out, we'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have. It is really getting  annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

keeps happening to this and last version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry to hear about this issue. I would request if you can share a few more details like: 

Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.  

Weā€™re here to help, just need more info.   

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done the same things. And i am runnig macOS Catalina 10.15.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should also mention this does happen to me on my home account on my Mac. It seems to be worse on my work PC. Many times it shuts down with just a click in an open area and it seems to be getting worse and more frequent. I'm half-way through the day and it has shut down about 6 times during standards tasks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting preferences did nothing to help. I cannot even open Illustrator. I'm on OS 10.15.6. I can use older versions of Illustrator but not 24.2.3. Unfortunately I'm getting files from people created in the latest version and I can't view them at all in my older version. This is extremely frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact Customer Care and have them take a look into your system. https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! So frustrating. I can't save anything. I'm on MacOS Catalina 10.15.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't even get it to open! It crashes when I try to open. I've reinstalled it and it still happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Sorry to hear about this experience. There could you be multiple reasons for an application crash, internal or external to the application. Let us try to isolate the issue and help you accordingly. Please try these steps one by one and share your observations.

• Make sure the you have the latest version (v24.2.3) installed.
  • Share crash logs by following these steps: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html
    While submitting the crash report please use the same email address, with which you are signed in on this community. This will help us find the crash report and help accordingly.

• Try saving the files to system's internal HDD. Avoid saving the files to external drives or network locations because when you save and open files across a network or from removable media, many variables affect application performance. Please make sure that the iCloud or Google drive sync is turned off from the system preferences. Let us know if this helps resolving the issue.
    turn of Icloud backup.jpg
  • Few users who were using "5K LG Ultra Fine monitor" have reported that changing the colour PREFS from LG UltraFine to Apple RGB in the display settings improves performance and crash immediately. If you are using the same display settings, please try choosing Apple RGB from color settings. Steps are shared here
  • You may also try resetting Illustrator preferences. Preference settings are saved each time you quit the application. Crashing and unexpected behavior in application can be caused due to corrupt/ damaged preferences. Please follow these steps and let us know how it goes: 

• Close all Adobe applications. 
    • Go to locations 
    • ~/Library/Caches 
    • ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe 
    • ~/Library/Preferences 
    • Rename  Adobe Illustrator, com.adobe.illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to   Adobe Illustrator.old, com.adobe.illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.old 
    • Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud. 

Let us know if any of these steps has helped resolving the issue. This will us help us understanding the issue better and help you accordingly.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've tried all these steps but I still can't get Illustrator 24.2.3 to
open. What is the next step?

Thank you,
Mimi Sheean

--
*Mimi Sheean* * |* 惟惟 ć‚·ćƒ¼ć‚¢ćƒ³ *|* Entertainment Creative *|* Universal
Studios Japan *|* +81 080 9597 4920

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like we need to troubleshoot this on a live session. Please head here (https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html) and select the chat button in the lower-right corner of the page. We can help troubleshoot faster that way.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting so f'in annoying. Crashes everyday at least twice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This update is awful. So many bugs. The eyedropper doesn't work anymore. It says it the color is changed but it stays the same color. It's creating weird outlines around text that is not a stroke. I don't even know.... It's so glitchy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,

We understand how frustrating crashes can be. We have consolidated the most popular solutions that help in fixing these issues and also, how you can recover unsaved documents after a crash. Please check this help article for more details.

If you still need help, feel free to reach out, we'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines