• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 25.2.1 GPU/CPU Preview change the colors

Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use GPU preview - colors change to brighter and juicier, and when I use CPU preview - colors change to not bright and faded.

In both cases, colors are false and not reliable to reality. (If compare with macOS preview for example)

Also, colors in Palettes always shown like in CPU preview, so if you work in GPU preview, you can't see any relations colors in your artboard with colors on palettes.

macOS Big Sur 11.2.3

Illustrator 25.2.1

AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Edit: Simple updating to the most recent versions corrects the problem.

You will still need to check your color settings after that.

It looks like the latest Photoshop update is causing the problem.

Use the CC app to revert Photoshop to the Previous version (22.2.0) and then change your Color Settings to what you want it to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no answer? I have the same problem here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check if your color settings emulate Illustrator 6?

If so, see if this helps:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/colores-en-actualizacion-25-2-1/m-p/11901986#M267992

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

~/Library/Caches/ and ~/Library/Preferences don't contain any Adobe folders on my mac, so this is doesn't work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's resolved! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, this is a temporary solution. After several reboots, the problem returns. Cleaning the cache manually by hand is what an illustrator has come to after 34 years of work 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! Exactly! Tanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue since the update. I'm about to send a million things to print but very unsure if it'll print correctly. Adobe, can you help please? Urgently! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your document profiles at the bottom of your document window, if it shows Untagged RGB or Untagged CMYK, you have turned off color management:

Doc profile.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I restarted Illustrator and the colours were fine again - very odd indeed (and slight panic!). Thanks for the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have opened other documents and the colours are still crazy. The Document Colour Profile at the bottom as you have described says untagged, although when I go to File>Document Colour Mode, it says CMYK. What steps should I take next?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your have set the color settings are back to what they were, you can use Edit > Assign Profile to assign a Working CMYK to those documents that show an Untagged CMYK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The colour issue is actually with Photoshop and Indesign, as well as Illustrator. I have to manually change the colour settings in each one. Sometimes is stays for hours, sometimes it changes every 5 minutes.  Ive tried using Bridge to change the colour settings too, to no avail. Extremely frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit: Simple updating to the most recent versions corrects the problem.

You will still need to check your color settings after that.

It looks like the latest Photoshop update is causing the problem.

Use the CC app to revert Photoshop to the Previous version (22.2.0) and then change your Color Settings to what you want it to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, This did not work for me. I 'downgraded' to 22.2.0 and illustrator still has inaccurate colors in GPU view and relatively accurate colors with CPU. See the images below. However, performance in CPU view is terrible. Adobe, if you're listening, the "correct answer" above did nothing for me. Please help.

Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 10.26.38 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-06-22 at 10.26.26 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem was solved by an update, month ago.

You have a different problem, please start a new thread and show your color settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this exactly same problem.

Macbook Pro M1, Big Sur, with Illustrator 25.3.1.

Did you find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I believe so. I checked my color settings so that it would ask when opening if there was a mismatch or no profile and it turns out several of my recent docs were created without a profile - not sure how that happened. So all I did was assign a profile. In my case, I assigned the working sRGB and all was well. Let me know if this works for you or if you have any other questions. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my gosh I have been trying to figure this out for months and you finally helped me solve the issue! Thank you SO MUCH!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"correct answer" also doesn't fix my issues. very, very frustrating. have to switch to view using cpu for correct colors. MBP 16, Dell Ultrasharp 27

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perhaps contact Customer Care, so they have a look into your system: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines