Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 25.4.6 Constantly "not responding"

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MAC OS Monterey 12.0.1 Illustrator CC21 25.4.6 

Whenever I try to save a PDF file and some times for no reason I will get the spinning wheel and when I check the status the sytem tells me Illustrator is not responding. For example I just had a blank document with to different size boxes and I went to use the allignment tool on them and when I did i got the spinnign wheel and the sytem says illustraor is not responding, I waited a couple mins and it snapped out of it. It will almost always snap of it, but when I am saving something it take about ten mins before it comes back. I have validated fonts and I see alot of mention of plug-ins possibly being the issue. I do have CAD-Tools on this system but how do I know if that is the problem?  

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try and uninstall CAD tools. I the problem is gone afterwards, then CADtools was your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removed Cad tools and still no luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell us about your hardware?

When was the last time you rebooted the computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @NtensionChris,

We are sorry to hear about your experience. I would recommend upgrading your macOS to v12.4. I assume you are Ai v25.4.6 due to plugin combability & stability issues with the newer version of Ai.

Would you mind sharing a few details along with the one asked by Monika:

• Where are your files saved (Network Drives/ Server, Shared folder, or External Drive)? Does working from desktop/ local files help with not responding issue?
  • Have you tried cleaning the system font cache?

Also, have you tried resetting Illustrator preferences? It can help resolve a variety of performance issues.

Please try and let us know how it goes.

I will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-06-15 at 8.54.32 AM.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a work computer and most work is done off of a server, however I have tried moving the files to my desktop and still have the same issue.

I have also reset the preferences which still didnt make a difference. 

The problem is hit or miss it happens with some files but not all. I have notice that I tend to have more of an issue when there is an image in the file. If it is just vector art I dont seem to have the issue (this might be be a coincidence). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @NtensionChris,

Thanks for sharing your observations and details. I would suggest keeping images & your work Illustarror files locally on your Desktop for optimal performance and then moving to sever. If you still face the issue, then would you mind sharing the files,  including the images? We will check at our end.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines