• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 26.0.1 instant crash when selecting a barcode in artwork

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest update of Illustrator (26.0.1) is crashing when I select a barcode, either by clicking directly with the arrow selection tool or by selecting all artwork on a layer.

I believe these barcodes are made with Esko software.

Older versions of Illustrator had no problems selecting these barcodes to delete them or expand them so I can move them.

Any ideas how to resolve? I've reverting back to 25.4.2 as a workaround.

TOPICS
Bug , Third party plugins

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

The 26.0.2 update seems to have remedied the crashing barcode issue experienced with 26.0.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that plugin installed?

And if so: is it compatible with your version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the fast response and query.

I've never had the Esko plugin. But I have always been able to select these generated barcodes, made by my finished artist team, and ‘expand’ them to be altered or moved as regular vector elements.

It's only in this latest version of Illustrator that I am unable to expand them as it crashes as soon as a barcode is selected. For my day to day work this means that I am unable to use previous packaging artwork, or its design elements, as a base for new design layouts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you contacted ESKO if this is supposed to work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, we have contacted Esko and we are awaiting a response. Regardless, it seems that Adobe has changed the way it handles these barcodes in 26.0.1. compared with previous 25.X.X and older versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The 26.0.2 update seems to have remedied the crashing barcode issue experienced with 26.0.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines