• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 26.0.1 saving blank PNGs on desktop

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to Illustrator 26.0.1 I have been having this issue....a lot of times when I copy something in Illustrator & want to paste it, I get 10-20 blank PNG files saved to my desktop. I do think this happened a couple versions ago when I wanted to update to the lastest version @ that time. ( I ended up not using that latest version). I work with 4 other people & we all have to be on the same version, so I need to stay on this one...or at least 26.0. 

Does anyone know how to fix this issue? I tried Googling, but nothing comes up.
I am working on Windows.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

I have this same issue running the latest version of Adobe Illustrator on Windows 10. The solution I found was to disable the Clipboard History setting in Windows (Settings > Clipboard > Clipboard History > set to Off).

Issue Description:

When copying a .tiff image file inside of Adobe Illustrator, a blank, numbered PNG saves to the directory in which the Adobe Illustrator file is saved. This happens regardless of whether the .tiff image file is embedded or not. The number of blank PNGs seems to

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

I had this problem for a couple of months too and I solved it by unchecking the "Include SVG code" box in edit>preferences>clipboard management, I hope it helps you

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing. I would request you to please share a small video o your workflow from the start demonstrating the issue. It would be really helpful for us to understand the workflow, and we can assist you accordingly. Also, please confirm the OS, its build & version no.

I'll be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have been working strictly on photoshop for the last week, so I only got a chance to take a video of this problem now. I had a hard time with a screen record. I have no idea how to do that & Powerpoint files were way too big, I had to take a phone video. I hope you can see what's happening. My compuer is a Lenovo B50-30, running Windows 10 Home 10.0.19042 Build 19042. Illustrator version: 26.0.1

I didn't have a problem until I updated to this Illustrator version. As you can see in the video, the most PNGs occur when I copy something that has a Gaussian Blur. It also happens randomly when I copy line artwork without any effects as well. Sometimes I get over 100 png files, at some point it stops & won't make anymore, but it's not the same number all the time. If I delete them all and copy things again, they will appear again.

Also, is it a default of this version to switch to RGB? My co-workers & I only ever used CMYK, now every file is RGB. When you make a new document in 26.0.1 it is always default RGB. This is really messing specifically with our Gaussian Blurs. We have to use that for work. Is there anyway to make it always a CMYK file without having to manually change it all the time? I find it strange that everything is suddenly RGB now.

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details, @Stardust*50. I would request you to try our latest Prerelease build, v26.0.2.

Please follow the instructions below to get this:
1. If you are not already part of the Illustrator Prerelease program, then please click this link to join the prerelease – https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/85A6F544-2705-49BD-8314-DD549C6A1713
2. Accept Prerelease Agreement
3. Go to Creative Cloud Desktop and look for Prerelease in the Apps section.
4. Install/Update to Illustrator Prerelease 26.0.2 from Creative Cloud Desktop Pre-Release Tab (This will not replace the existing installation of Release build of Illustrator)

Please let us know how it goes.

This build contains fixes for stability, security, and some other reported issues.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion. I need to be on the same version as everyone else in my office (4 other people, all on Macs), will they be able to join as well? We all work on each others files, so we need to be on the same version.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying. Yes, everyone can install this. However, before trying this, I would suggest you try the following steps:

1.  Close all Adobe applications and go to the following Location C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe
    - Rename Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 26 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator - 26 Settings.old
  2. Rename the CEP folder to CEP.old from the following Location:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe
  3. If that doesn't help, rename the extensions folder to UXP.old from the following locations:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe
  4. If that doesn't help either, uninstall the application or whole creative cloud using the CC Cleaner tool and reinstall from the Creative Cloud Desktop app.
  5. If this didn't work, then try installing the Prerelease build.
  6. If that didn't work either, then I'd recommend you to connect with our technical support team (https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen). The team here would be able to perform remote troubleshooting and assist you accordingly.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for the instructions. I did steps 1& 2 and it's worked so far. No more png files!  

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it worked for a couple weeks. Now I'm back to PNGs 😞

I guess I will have to try one of the other options suggested. I also don't understand why Illustrator 26 changes the files from CMYK to RGB. Maybe this is part of the problem. I know it causes problems with gaussian blurs & jpegs that are in the file. Anyway, I'll try something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no RGB in PNG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Illustrator files are RGB not the PNGs. My Illustrator was always CMYK, now it's always RGB. I don't know why it switced. It only started with Illustrator 26.

The PNGs are blank. They just appear when I copy something. I am trying to figure out why I get 20 empty pngs when I copy certain things within Illustrator. It even happened today when I copied something from I file I created yesterday. So, it's not solely from previous versions to 26. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Illustrator files are based on the preset you use for new files.

Based on a Print preset they are CMYK mode.

The last used settings are used when you create a new document, if that was RGB you get RGB.

About the png files, check what else is running besides Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the same thing on my windows 10. When copying vector images or complex shadows, empty PNGs appear next to the ai file. I can not solve this problem, updates do not help. Sometimes restarting the computer helps. It feels like the clipboard is clogged.2022-01-26_13-27-31.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Egor222583825rz4,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing. As @Ton Frederiks, could you please check what else is running task manager along with Illustrator and close them one by one to see if the issue gets resolved. If it doesn't, then I would  recommend you to connect with our technical support team (https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen). The team here would be able to perform remote troubleshooting and assist you accordingly.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine seems to be Microsoft 365 Office programs. When I have any of those open, it makes the pngs. When I close, they stop. I need to have Outlook open for work though, so I don't know how to solve that problem. I also updated to Illustrator 26.2.2 in the mean time...but pngs still happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant Illustrator 26.2.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exact command are you using to save .png from illustrator?

Open the .png in photoshop. Is it indexed, then image >> mode >> RGB and save.

Try using one of the other methods to save .png the file >> export >> save for web legacy works well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just fogetting about the CYMK/RGB thing.

My main concern was when I copied certain things in Illlustrator I would get a random amount of empty png files saved to whatever I was working on (desktop, file...etc), like the other poster also indicated. (I was not saving pngs...I was working on an Illustrator file just copying & pasting things).  I found that my particular issue is caused by Microsoft 365 programs being open at the same time. I uninstalled & re-installed 365 so I hope if fixes it. If not, I guess I will just have to use Illustrator with Outlook closed...even though it sucks because I need Outlook open for work emails. ....one problem at a time I guess. I also think like the other poster said, this is related to the clipboard...but I can't verify that. Today I got pngs when the pop up message said CLIPBOARD 2 of 24 (so, clipboard was not full). Anyway...seems to be a conflicted problem between Illustrator & 365 Office.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue running the latest version of Adobe Illustrator on Windows 10. The solution I found was to disable the Clipboard History setting in Windows (Settings > Clipboard > Clipboard History > set to Off).

Issue Description:

When copying a .tiff image file inside of Adobe Illustrator, a blank, numbered PNG saves to the directory in which the Adobe Illustrator file is saved. This happens regardless of whether the .tiff image file is embedded or not. The number of blank PNGs seems to correspond to the number of .tiff images copied.

Solution:

Disable Clipboard History in the Windows Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this same problem, but I don't believe it's at all related to Office 365. 200+ empty numbered pngs were created last night while I was working in Illustrator. The only other programs I had open were Chrome and Acrobat. It's been going on for a couple of months, but I have never been able to pinpoint what triggers it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had this problem for a couple of months too and I solved it by unchecking the "Include SVG code" box in edit>preferences>clipboard management, I hope it helps you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines