Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 26.0.2- Multiple bug fixes and stability enhancements

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, 

Illustrator's latest (26.0.2) update is now available for download from the Creative Cloud Desktop application. You would see performance improvements and bug fixes in this release.

The following performance issues have been addressed in this release:

Please update to the latest build using this link - Check for latest update.

I am locking this post. Please create separate posts to share your observations or feedback with us.

Thanks,

Srishti

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is a bug! When i create a new object it is automatically settled at the bottom of the last object used.
Not a good thing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated an hour ago.  Now my Illlustrator 2022 will not start!  Help!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Any luck getting it to start?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I had messaged them they had us uninstall Creative Cloud, and use a Creative Cloud Cleaner. When we reinstalled everything it worked but Indesign stopped working; thankfully it started working hours later, without any additional help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I just wanted to let you know that the bug with filling shapes with pattern swatches from earlier this year is back!! It keeps filling shapes with old swatches, no matter what I do. I have turned to version 26.01 for now. Hopefully you can fix this again soon. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe Illustrator updates from version 25.0 to 26.0 - 26.02 are Not Good. These updates are creating temporary (T File) files when you Save instead of actual (AI) Adobe Illustrator file formats. The problem has caused me to lose work I spend hours creating and valuable time. This has been happening for the last few weeks.
The works I created in version 25.0 are stable and able to be opened and edited without the creation of multiple temporary files (T File).

Today, I got so frustrated, that I reverted to re-installing Illustrator V25 in an effort to continue working. I hope this work around continues to be effective. Can someone from the Adobe Illustrator team fix this problem with V26.0 for real this time. Why did the Adobe Illustrator team push a version update that was not stable?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustartor won't open after this update. I've uninstalled twice, rebooted, logged out of the CC app, and still nothing. Highly frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact Customer Care. https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2021 Dec 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, this illustrator is full of bugs still AGAIN... But still with one very serious fault, bug. EXTREME SERIOUS BUG

Vectorised letters get messed up when copied.
It costed my company already hundred thousands euro's of damages to clients.
Schermafbeelding 2021-12-24 om 10.04.21.png
Every text vectorised or what ever, gets totally messed up when copied and pasted, points are added etc.
Please see the image in this message to see clearly what i mean.
Nothing solves it, magenitic snap points off/on , ancer points off/on, retaining format off or on  etc.. It doesn't work.

And again , this realy is a very serious error from Adobe.
Please Imagin, i made 6 brochures and 40 packages with this now  where all 'O's and G's and more letters are totally out of alinment and messed up beyond recognision of a being a letter or type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share an Illustrator example (with outlined text before copy/paste)?

Dropbox, WeTransfer, CC filesharing, Google ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the "Copy SVG Code" option in the clipboard handling Preferences turned off?

Do you have any clipboard enhancing system extension installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And check if in the document that you paste into View > Snap to Pixel is checked if so, uncheck it before pasting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks folks, for the intrest and suggestions given.

I solved it somewhat now.
I got rid off it, with restarting the Mac computer.
however after a mid days work the culprit is back.

I'm guessing it has to do with the standard mac clipboard and adobe illustrator. this probably is where the buggyness begins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This update loads up Illustrator and 2 mins it just crashes. 

• I tried reinstalling
  • Tried previous versions which don't even work 
  • Reinstalling the Creative Cloud
  • Tried Pre-release and Beta 
  • Did a system restore point 

Fix this......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the update I cannot open Illustrator.  On Windows 10 with all apps current, when I try to open it, I get an hourglass for about 5 seconds then nothing.  The task manager shows it but nothing.   I uninstalled, cleaned the registry, rebooted and reinstalled.  It opened one time then the problem occurs. 

This is NOT good!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've tried to update twice, and both times have had to revert back to a previous version because Illustrator won't open and then eventually crashes. I'm thinking your stability fixes didn't work too well, lol. Please release another update soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines