• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 26.0 bug -- Pdf security settings cannot be maintained

Contributor ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once the pdf file protected by security settings is saved, the PDF security settings are automatically set to empty, it can't keep the original security settings and password. Does anyone know that the latest version fixes this problem?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't sound like a bug. I would expect to be able to edit a secured file at all - if Illustrator offers to take the security off and try to edit, that's a bonus. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Sorry, maybe I didn't express it very clear. I mean, when I know the document password, I can open it for editing and saving, but I don't want to be modified by others. I can only open it with my own password to modify and save it. Therefore, after each editing and saving, I hope it can maintain the original security settings and password to prevent others from modifying the file. Illustrator 2018 version can do this, but 2022 version can't. Every time it is saved, the security settings are automatically cancelled. Now, after each modification and saving, the security settings must be carried out again, which is very inconvenient!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forget about that.

Password protection in a PDF can be opened by anyone who is able to do a Google search within 2 minutes or less.

You cannot secure a vector file against editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't expect absolute security. There should be no absolute security. 

I think it is logical that the contents and attributes of a document should remain unchanged in where i didn't change, such as color space, input / output settings, etc. of course, it also includes PDF settings. Therefore, it is reasonable that it should not be changed when I do not change PDF settings (I just open the document with a password without changing the password and settings), So I think this is a bug.

PS:

Illustrator 2018 hadn't this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please post bugs & feature requests to http://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines