• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 26.1 — move and copy bugs

Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I'm working in Illustrator 26.1 on a Mac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019, Big Sur 11.6). I notice frequent bugs when working with the Move tool:

— sometimes when you try to move an object, it does not move, but abrupty returns to its place, as if "bouncing";
— sometimes holding "alt" and trying to create a copy — a copy is not create, the object is also simply returned to its place.

Has Adobe fixed these bugs? It's very difficult to work when Illustrator can't handle such elementary tasks

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

have you tried to do a reset of Adobe Illustrator preferences? Does this problem occur with all files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this exact same issue, it really messes with your work flow. @gianvitulano my issue happens on every file.

Here are my specs:

Macbook Pro (15-Inches, 2019)

Illustrator v. 26.1

macOS Monterey v. 12.2.1

Processor:  2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

Graphics: Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB

In the mean time I have reset my preferences to see if that will helps, I will report back at the EOD to share if that fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Thanks! This will help a lot to figure it out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So for the moment resetting my preferences seems to have fixed the problem, didn't dive to heave into illustrator like i typically do, but will report if anything else changes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue - when you try and move an object, or Alt and move an object it errors out and returns it to its original position. Hopefully this gets fixed soon as its really fustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue. It's making my work take so much longer. A green circle with a plus appears under my cursor and then the objects just bounce back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Coming back with an update:

The problem is still occurring, my co worker is also has the same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Known issue. Resolved (supposedly) in 26.2, now starting to be pushed out through Updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! We are really looking forward to fixes)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been widely reported and according to Adobe employees, you can download the beta for 26.2 now which has a fix for this issue. Seems like a (very irritating) bug with the 26.1 update, apparently only affecting those using Apple's Magic Mouse but I'm not 100% sure of that. 

Personally I'm too concerned that trying the beta version will cause more issues and/or force me to revert to an older build and mess with my preferences. So I'll be waiting for the official 26.2 release.

Anyone else want to pool resources to fund an Illustrator alternative that doesn't rely on subscriptions or the cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need for the beta, the 26.2 is released (but as usual some regions will be a little later).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem on my mac. It is very annoying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All @Vitaly Lysenko @austinm29883487 @Dan Everitt @paulm79218206 @XLDigital1 @udderball,

We are sorry for the trouble. This issue has been fixed in the latest Illustrator update, v26.2.1, released yesterday. I would request you to update and let us know if the issue persists.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines