• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 26.3.1 on windows 10 crashing every 5 mins

New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi the last release started crashed over the simplist of task so I have updated to hopefully address the issue. No I can about 1 on 2 moves of a shape or anything on the page ( nothing complex ) very simple artwork and the pinwheel arrives and crashes?

It has taken me over an hour to make a simple 2 minute amend.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you already try and reset the preferences?

This will erase all your settings. So for trying out you might want to rename the preferences folder instead of jiust wiping them. https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I reset preferences on my last install when in uninstalled and installed a completly new file? will give it  a try though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately most of the time it's a good idea to reset the preferences when updating Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Ross24501803340e,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I hope resetting the preferences for Illustrator, as suggested by Monika helped resolve the problem. If not, kindly try resetting the preferences manually by following these steps:

- Close all Adobe applications.
- Go to Location C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe
- Rename Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 26 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator - 26 Settings.old

Disclaimer: Please note that renaming preferences folders will remove all the custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. The location is mentioned above.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines