Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 27.1.1 - GPU Preview greyed out

Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

when i go forth and back View > Outline (Ctrl + Y), Illustrator disables GPU Preview and only CPU is on.

Very annoying due to lag dragging, zooming...

Does anybody found out how to solve this.

My temporary solution is to close the file and reopen it, even keep Illustrator alive.

My GPU is NVIDIA RTX 3080 Ti. Working on latest build of Win 10.

Any given help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use the keyboard shortcut Control-E does the GPU Preview come back? I was unable to duplicate the problem on a Mac (same version of Illustrator on Monterey 12.6.2). Has this only been happening since you upgraded to 27.1.1? If so then try resetting your Illustrator preferences. This will restore the program to its default which could fix the issue.

To reset preferences on a PC:

You can try the quick way of resetting on a PC which is to hold down Ctrl + Alt + Shift when launching Illustrator and respond affirmatively when asked if you want to reset. There have been some recent reports that the window asking if you want to reset is not popping up but that the prefs are being reset anyway. If this works great but if it doesn’t you may have to manually delete them.

To do so: On Windows 7 and above the preference files are hidden. To find them go to the Control Panel and open Folder Options and then click the View tab. Then select “Show hidden files and folders” or “Show hidden files, folders or drive options” in Advanced Settings. Then delete (or rename) the folder at the end of this path: C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator [version number]\ Settings\<Language>. Make sure that Illustrator is closed when you do this. When you relaunch the program it will create new preference files and the program will be at its default settings.

The advantage of manually deleting preference files is that after you’ve reset up the program (make sure that no document window is open) to your liking, you can create copies of your personalized “mint” preference files (make sure that you quit the program before copying them—that finalizes your customization) and use them in the future to replace any corrupt versions you may need to delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Bill,

thanks for the time spent writing this very detailed answer.

Unfortunately Ctrl+E is Grayed out as well. I forgot to mention that this occurs 50% of the time. 
I will try deleting my preferences and will update this post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. The keyboard command does appear greyed out. However, I found that doing the command with the keyboard still worked. Doesn't make sense but give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will give it a try. Didn't know it could work even if greyed. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't bother resetting preferences or anything that Adobe suggests like re-installing or anything like that. It is very well documented at this time that illustrator 27 has a huge amount of GPU acceleration problems. I guarantee you if you revert back to a previous version of Illustrator like 26.2.1 you will not have any GPU problems whatsoever. I am waiting for Adobe to say that they are working on the fix. Would be good to know if they acknowledge it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish not downgrade and i use as last option. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @iamfablaz2018,

Thanks for reaching out and reporting the issue. Recently many users have reported this, and we have logged a bug with the product team. They have started the investigation. The majority of users are using NVIDIA cards and are on the windows machine. This is happening for users while working on some specific files. Would it be possible for you to share a few files in which you experienced this behavior? It would be really helpful for us.

Also, would you mind confirming the OS build no, GPU VRAM, GPU driver version, the exact version of Ai, CPU details & does the CPU has integrated Intel/ AMD GPU?

I will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, sure.
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
64Gb Ram

Windows 10 Pro
Version 21H2
OS Build 19044.2364
Nvidia Driver 528.02 - 01.05.2023
GPU RTX 3080ti 12gb
Illustrator 27.1.1
Unfortunately i cannot provide the file as it's a client document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing the system specs. I understand that. Let us know if you get a file in which the issue is reproducible and is not confidential.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines