• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 27.5 freezing and crashing on regular basis when doing simple tasks on my new MacMini M2

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2023 May 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying Illustrator 27.5 for free for 7 days on my new Mac Mini (2023 Apple M2 Pro 16Go Ventura 13.3.1). Unfortunately Illustrator keeps on freezing and crashing on regular basis when doing simple tasks in the app like clicking on panels such as layers, swatches, appearance, stroke options even simply moving objects. Same problem when running Illustrator via Rosetta. I've used Illustrator CS6 on mac Intel 2008 in the past and never experienced such issues. Extremely disappointed I am seriously thinking of canceling the trial period.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

I eventually took the time to downgrade to Illustrator 26.5.1 and it sounds like it resolved the issue. No Freezing after a few hours working in Illustrator (every 10 minutes with version 27). Looks like it's the solution to avoid crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 
It looks like resetting the preferences may have solved the problem. Previous actions that used to cause freezing are now doable. So far so good. To be continued. Thanks P.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Patrick29870448wpaf,

We're glad to hear that your issue has been resolved. To help other users with similar problems, would you mind marking the answer as correct? We appreciate your contribution to the community. Let us know if you have any more questions or concerns. We're always here to help.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anubhav, Unfortunately, the issue is not resolved. Despite some improvements following resetting the preferences, the freezing persists while performing simple tasks (moving items, clicking on panels) with or without my Xpen 24 Pro turned on. Looks like the app Illustrator is very unstable on Mac M2 Pro (Ventura). I've read that I am not the only ons complaining. Looks like downgrading to Illustrator 26 has been a solution for another user but I don't want to spend time on that kind of manipulations. It's a pity that Adobe doesn't warn potential customers about M2 chips compatibility on their website. Do I have to wait for the next version of the application before subscribing ? Problem is : I won't have another trial week to check the next versions later. P.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I eventually took the time to downgrade to Illustrator 26.5.1 and it sounds like it resolved the issue. No Freezing after a few hours working in Illustrator (every 10 minutes with version 27). Looks like it's the solution to avoid crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines