Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 28.2 How to fix problem with polish characters or any latin

Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community,

I have been using Adobe Illustrator for some time and had no problems in writing in Polish language using any font like eg. Arial, Times New Roman, Myriad Pro. From time to time there is a problem with Polish characters, which I am not able to solve.

when I try to type "ł" (so using alt+l) - the window with layer options is showing up.

when I try to type "ą" - program is highlighting all text.

In windows normally all characters work fine, only in illustrator there is a problem. So please don't write me to rearrange the keyboards in the system, because those are fine (as I wrote above, in the system I have Polish characters, in illustrator I do not), or try to reinstall illustrator, because I'm not going to do that. The problem appeared after some update, the question is after which one?

Regards
Maciej

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this only happens from time to time.

With specific fonts? Do those fonts contain those characters?

Are you sure that the text is selected correctly for typing?

Which language is the keyboard in? Are you sure you didn't change it by accident? A system shortcut can cause that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika,

The problem occurs at least once up to twice a week and is associated with all fonts. The keyboard is set to Polish Programmer and I did not change anything with it. After all, I wrote that the problem with Polish characters occurs only in illustrator, in the operating system everything works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are keyboard shortcuts that can change the keyboard language and this change might not be noticable. Are you sure it doesn't happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean alt+shif? I checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a Mac so I do not know the exact shortcut for Windows. I only know that it exists.

I suppose you reboot the computer regularly?

Resetting the preferences does not help? It will erase your settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I restart it only during system updates, that is, once a week, or when I am forced to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check ctrl+shift

regards
Maciek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hehe I have already checked all the shortcuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines