• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator and Indesign not launching or allowing new file creation

New Here ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! I've been having issues with launching some of my adobe apps recently, specifically indesign and illustrator to note. When I launch the app, I get a blank screen (photo attached.) I work on a macbook pro, everything is up to date, I've tried deleting and reinstalling creative cloud with no avail. The apps will open files if I drag them into the program, but won't show the initial launch screen nor allow me to create new documents. Any help is appreciated! Thanks.Screen Shot 2022-05-16 at 12.01.18 PM.png

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OOBE RESET MAC

1. Quit the Creative Cloud desktop app  (100% you must do this)
  2. The \Users\<user folder>\Library\ is hidden by default for macOS 10.7 and above. Option click on the GO in the mac finder to reveal the Library folder.
  3. /Users/<user folder>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE
  4. Delete all the files within the OOBE folder, but do not delete the folder itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Skylar23897119a45c,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I hope the steps shared by Mike helped resolve the problem. If not, Please try following these steps one by one and let us know how it goes: 

• Close all Adobe applications
  • Rename the CEP folder to CEP.old from the following location: 
    /Library/Application Support/Adobe  
  • If that doesn't help, rename the extensions folder to extensions.old in the following location: 
    /Library/Application Support/Adobe/UXP 
  • If that doesn't help either, uninstall the application using the CC Cleaner tool and reinstall it from the Creative Cloud Desktop app.  

Kindly update this thread if you need further assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines