• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator and Photoshop 2022 EXTREMELY slow on Windows machine

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently updated to the 2022 apps. I use Illustrator and Photoshop at my business. Both have become almost unusable. I'm on Windows 11 with 16GB RAM, i7, nVidia Quadro P400. Every single thing I try to do is extremely laggy, more in Photoshop but also in Illustrator. One thing I did notice when I did this update was the fans on my PC fired up like a jet. Anyone else ran into this and found a solution?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Explorer , May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

This will sound super stupid but I pulled my graphcs card out then put it back in and the slowness is now gone. I didn't even clean it, I was intending to take it to a computer store to get it checked... The guy at the store says sometimes they need reseating because they lose contact with the pins or something. Worth a shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Try removing any plugins you are using. That seemed to be my issue. The only problem is, I rely heavily on one of them for the majority of my work, so I had to reinstall it. 

Definitely reach out the customer care. They were super helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

I went through this guy's post and things are working much better.  I think much is addressed with my NVIDIA RTX A2000, he goes through it at around - 30:13

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlX1vB7ItJc&t=1276s

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

my new Windows 11 Workstation went back to acting stupid.so I did (2) things today.  Now it's working awesome, like never before!

(1) updated Wacome Cintiq 22HD drivers via Windows update (in the Optional updates panel).  I use a large Dell monitor, 3440 x 1440 alongside a Wacome Cintiq 22HD 1920 x 1080.  I imagine it takes some work for my Nvidia RTX A2000 to balance the 2?

(2) I repaired my Windows image using the latest Windows 11 Media Creation Tool following this guys  post - I think this is

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 11 128GB RAM, Ryzen 9 5950x, nVidia RTX 3070Ti.  Performance is terrible.  Moving the mouse over the menu system results in the jankiest movement.  This software has become trash.  Thinking of unsubscribing to Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By build is very close to yours and the past few update cycles have killed performance. 3+ seconds and a stutter to align items in Illustrator. I'm considering alternatives as well - this is destroying my workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will sound super stupid but I pulled my graphcs card out then put it back in and the slowness is now gone. I didn't even clean it, I was intending to take it to a computer store to get it checked... The guy at the store says sometimes they need reseating because they lose contact with the pins or something. Worth a shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I will give it a shot. I'll go rent a forklift to remove the 300lb RTX card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @patricks44769834 & @notacyborg

Sorry about the trouble. I would suggest you both try the following steps and let us know how it goes:

• Rename the CEP folder to CEP.old from the following location:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe
  • If that doesn't help, rename the UXP folder to UXP.old in the following locations:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\
  • If that doesn't help either, uninstall the application using the CC Cleaner tool and restart the system (most important) reinstall from the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Let us know how it goes. We'll be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest Adobe updates seemed to fix it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

Eversince I updaed adobe I have horrable performans issue - Moving the mouse over the menu system results in the jankiest movement mouse is laging a lot... help 

I have 64GB DDR 4 Speed 3600mhz ram Intel i9 10980XE and grafic card RTX 3090 24GB DDR5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Hakan5E0E,

Sorry about the trouble. I would like to know if you have tried the steps mentioned above, especially the AMD article? Note: The steps on this AMD help article are not relevant to AMD or Intel CPU. You must try the steps suggested there.

If that doesn't help, please make sure GPU performance is enabled in Illustrator Preferences. If you are still facing the issue, you may try the steps suggested in this community post (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behaviors-in-illu...). If that doesn't help either then, I'd recommend you to connect with our technical support team (https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen). The team here would be able to perform remote troubleshooting and assist you accordingly.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do these folders do or have in them and how can I find out what mine have so I don't delete anything I need/use? I have the same problem, both programs are unusable and lag for well over 3 seconds for every one command in IL, PS is even worse. It does it for everything, even if that's clicking a tool or pressing an arrow key and if I let go of say control it doesn't apply the action like control was pressed resulting in weird things happening.

This is a recent change. I notice cloud says it updated my programs 3 days ago and I wonder if this is a new bug or error causing this. Also I do not have the second folder so unsure if that's moved? I'm not going to create a new user account that's crazy.....do you have any updated instructions I can give a go? I will try uninstalling and reinstalling also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalling and reinstalling hasn't worked. Updating my nVidia drivers didn't help either :(.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting preferences and cleaning didn't work. I was about to give up when I decided to uncheck the only performance option in IL which was GPU performance. It's working better but still lagging. What does this mean? My graphics card is comptible. Can you please help me fix this? 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Being unable to edit my posts here is a little annoying lol.

To be clear it's picking up and moving groups of objects better but it's taking 5 seconds to "drop" them where the cursor takes them. Before it took 3 seconds to pick up, to move, and to drop.....so when I say better it's not really great and still unusable.

It's not my file, this happens with all files new or old. It does seem to be okay at first then goes sour, regardless of the file open (whether it's big or small).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you manage to fix it? The performance is horrible for me as well on Illustrator... scrolling, zooming out and in, using the menus... EVERYTHING is just unusable.

My specs: i9 9900KF / 64 GB DDR4 / Nvidia RTX 2060 6GB.

It was everything normal before updating to 2022 version. I tried all steps listed above from the Adobe support...

Nothing changes, thinking of downgrading to a older version of illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I have not. Interestingly I have the same card but worse PC Specs, but it's always run beautifully for me.

So there were some developments. Firstly I think the latest driver was corrupt for me as it didn't uninstall the old version and was crashing the Nvidia control panel and the GeForce Experience app showed both last two installed.... so I had to go and wipe all graphics drivers and reinstall this one in safe mode. Secondly I am not 100% certain but I suspect my graphics card is broken. If I turn off all noisemakers (fan, aircon, etc) and do a userbenchmark test when it does the 3D animation I hear noises like faint metal screaming but the fans move just fine, I think the fans can't rev up leading to this issue.

So I reinstalled the drivers after that and deleted all my Nvidia and IL preferences which is going to really hurt later on and it did get better but it's still unusable....I don't know if it's actually IL and PS at this point...I'm really thinking it's Nvidia drivers, or my card is broken. But I could be wrong. I'll know in a week if it's my card. I'll let you know. I encourage you to clean yours and maybe double check it's not failed too. If it has please let me know. Mine is only 2 years old, under a 3 year warranty. Also for what it's worth there was a recent Microsoft and Nvidia update and either or both may have played a roll in this....so there's a lot of things to troubleshoot :(.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Besnardm@paulosilvano,

I am sorry to hear about your experience. I would request you to share a few more details like:

• The exact version of OS & Illustrator
  • Does Illustrator lag or slow down while working on a specific file or all?
  • Does this happen while working on new files or old files?
  • Where are you saving the files (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System/ External HDD)?
  • Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, plugins, or web extensions installed recently.

We are here to help. We just need more information.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I've tried your solutions and have gotten nowhere. I'm running a DELL XPS8950 with an i9-12900K -3.2ghz processor and 64 GB of RAM. I should be doing things with ease but it is quite the opposite. The program is slow to open and the process of cutting and pasting items within/or between documents is a time consuming event.  Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will sound super stupid, but try it. Take your graphics card out, clean it and your computer, then put it back in. For some reason reseating the graphics card fixed this issue for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I could say it worked, but it didn't.

Thanks for the suggestion though! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the moment I replied here for the first time, until now I had downgraded my versions from Illustrator and Photoshop.

Easiest Solution (but not optimal since I'm paying for this product and I wanted the most recent versions) :

Stable versions for me:
Illustrator: v25.4.1
Photoshop: v22.0

Now it seems to be working fine, with the excepetion of a really annoying bug on Illustrator that prevents me from copy and paste large vector files sometimes.

Since I'm full of projects I can't simply update everything just to see if they fixed in the latest patches.

I should try it at the end of the year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We understand how frustrating performance issues are. We have consolidated the most popular solutions that help fix these issues. Please check this help article for more details.

If you still need help, feel free to reach out. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help, but I've already tried these solutions before posting here. I've been having this problem for a while, on two different computers, and I keep hoping with each update the "copy and paste" issues are resolve but that is never the case.

Any help you can give will greatly be appreciated    

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Sarthi at Adobe! We found there was a conflict with a plugin. I use the plugin at home with no issues, but on my work computer, it's a different story.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issues, no solution. And yet, they have the guts to increase the price. #wild

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact Customer Care and have them check out your system: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines