Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Illustrator and Photoshop 2022 EXTREMELY slow on Windows machine

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently updated to the 2022 apps. I use Illustrator and Photoshop at my business. Both have become almost unusable. I'm on Windows 11 with 16GB RAM, i7, nVidia Quadro P400. Every single thing I try to do is extremely laggy, more in Photoshop but also in Illustrator. One thing I did notice when I did this update was the fans on my PC fired up like a jet. Anyone else ran into this and found a solution?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

This will sound super stupid but I pulled my graphcs card out then put it back in and the slowness is now gone. I didn't even clean it, I was intending to take it to a computer store to get it checked... The guy at the store says sometimes they need reseating because they lose contact with the pins or something. Worth a shot.

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Try removing any plugins you are using. That seemed to be my issue. The only problem is, I rely heavily on one of them for the majority of my work, so I had to reinstall it. 

Definitely reach out the customer care. They were super helpful!

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try removing any plugins you are using. That seemed to be my issue. The only problem is, I rely heavily on one of them for the majority of my work, so I had to reinstall it. 

Definitely reach out the customer care. They were super helpful!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem for me was Win 11.. For some reason all adobe applications were very VERY laggy (I use a lot of Illustrator, Photoshop and Premiere Pro)... Premiere Pro was actually unusable..had a lot of Green Screens (just like the blue screen but the problem was related to the GPU (Nvidia RTX 2060) instead of RAM).

So I went back to Win 10 and now everything is working fine.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar issue with the latest version of Illustrator. Takes much longer to open files. This started happening about a month or so ago after a recent update. Premiere Pro is also a bit laggy. Adobe, please... less updates, better usability.

MSI-Creator15
Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
Installed RAM 64.0 GB (63.7 GB usable)
Device ID D5E1489D-36D7-45DF-A7CB-1BD126BBBBC2
Product ID 00330-80000-00000-AA104
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
nVidia RTX 3080 GPU

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Boqueron.1969,

We are sorry to hear about your experience & delayed response. Would you mind trying the steps suggested in this helpx article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/optimize-illustrator-performance.html) and let us know how it goes?

Also, please confirm if you are working with the power adapter plugged in or on a battery and if the laptop chassis is warm to the touch & performance mode is checked in Windows power options or not?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this is an old post, but I've just updated the 2023 and my Adobe CC apps seem to run a lot better now on Windows 11

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines