Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Illustrator and Photoshop 2022 EXTREMELY slow

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently updated to the 2022 apps. I use Illustrator and Photoshop at my business. Both have become almost unusable. I'm on Windows 11 with 16GB RAM, i7, nVidia Quadro P400. Every single thing I try to do is extremely laggy, more in Photoshop but also in Illustrator. One thing I did notice when I did this update was the fans on my PC fired up like a jet. Anyone else ran into this and found a solution?

TOPICS
Bug, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 11 128GB RAM, Ryzen 9 5950x, nVidia RTX 3070Ti.  Performance is terrible.  Moving the mouse over the menu system results in the jankiest movement.  This software has become trash.  Thinking of unsubscribing to Adobe.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @patricks44769834 & @notacyborg

Sorry about the trouble. I would suggest you both try the following steps and let us know how it goes:

• Rename the CEP folder to CEP.old from the following location:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe
  • If that doesn't help, rename the UXP folder to UXP.old in the following locations:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\
  • If that doesn't help either, uninstall the application using the CC Cleaner tool and restart the system (most important) reinstall from the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Let us know how it goes. We'll be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Latest Adobe updates seemed to fix it for me.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines