Copy link to clipboard
1. Why isn't 'Size to content' an option?
2. Why does the artboard display drag handles if we are unable to click and drag them to size?
3. Why doesn't the new document dialogue not have the option to match the dimention information on the clipboard?
4. Is pasting in an image then manually resizing the artboard to match the pixel dimensions of the image really the only option? Or is there a better, yet less obvious way of doing this?
If anyone knows, please clue me in, thanks.
1. I don't know why it isn't an option in the Artboard Options window, but you can use 'Fit to Artwork Bounds' and 'Fit to Selected Art' under the Object > Artboards menu.
2. It is a modal dialog so nothing on the canvas can be edited while it is open, but you can drag artboards to size using the artboard tool (Shift + O).
3. Why indeed.
4. See #1