• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator automatically outlines white stroked text/type when generating a pdf

Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I prevent Illustrator from outling the stroked part of white text/type when outputting to PDF.

Ive tried several versions of Illustrator right up to the current CC and all do this?

TOPICS
Print and publish , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

I believe the reason is that llustrator conveniently allows you to modify text in this way, it's not a function of the type, but of illustrator → bezier, hence outlines...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the stroked part of white text/type

You write that almost as though it's a standard element of white text for all of us. Can you provide more detail about this; how/why the stroke was applied, etc.? A screenshot might help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you ourputting to PDF by choosing "Save As PDF". I think this is simply how the PDF format renders text with an outline. The text is still live and editable but the stroke is rendered as a separate object. What exactly is the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chad - Yes, I'm using "Save As PDF" and your correct when you say the text is still live and editable but the stroke part is outlined and seperate.  This however disables my ability to edit this text natively using Enfocus Pitstop.... this is the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess maybe I'd simply recommend editing the text in Illustrator and doing all of your other editing in Pitstop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally I would do that Chad, however, I have no control over the various designers I receive PDF's from or the the time to send them back-and-forth…. looks like I will have to live with it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the reason is that llustrator conveniently allows you to modify text in this way, it's not a function of the type, but of illustrator → bezier, hence outlines...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks, I think your correct......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines