• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator beta 27.4 crashes so much it's unusable.

Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Ventura 13.0.1.  My work involves a lot of opening existing illustrator documents to copy and paste from and when I close those other windows illustrator will often crash.  It happens so often it's unusable.

I'm mainly testing out the new export presets in the beta.  So once my document is finished in the current Illustrator app, I'll open it in the beta version to use the export settings.  Hopefully it will be more stable when it becomes generally available.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a Wacom tablet connected to your computer? Lately the newest driver for Wacom tablets has been a major source of Illustrator crashes. I've seen it for myself. The Illustrator application window will hang for a moment and then completely disappear. When re-launching Illustrator I sometimes have to re-build my customized Illustrator work space. Wacom tablet users have to uninstall the current driver and roll back to an older driver for the crashes to stop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do!  If I remember correctly, the previous driver had other problems.  I guess I'll just use the beta version for exporting and wait for them to roll out the feature in the final release. Hopefully Wacom and Adobe will have figured out who's code needs to change and get it fixed.

It crashes most often when I close a document. I have one ongoing project that requires me to copy and paste from previous documents into my current project which requires opening and closing old files. That causes constant crashing with the beta.

Thanks for the info though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2023 Feb 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to roll back to the previous Wacom tablet driver. The current 27.2 public release of Illustrator would always crash in a very short amount of time with the current Wacom driver. I was able to get more stable performance out of the 27.3 beta build with the current Wacom driver. But with the 27.4 beta that Wacom driver is absolutely not useable. In short some people from Adobe and Wacom really need to talk to each other to resolve this nonsense.

Oh, and while I'm at it, Wacom (and maybe Adobe) need to come up with some kind of arrangement where a Wacom graphics tablet connected to a Windows-based computer can have pressure sensitive functions thru the pen/stylus without needing to enable the horribly awful Windows Ink Workspace. There is no way I can over emphasize just how much I angrily despize Windows Ink. I really really destest it. Its functions (when enabled) make many functions in Adobe Illustrator not useable. And Windows Ink has severe conflicts with all sorts of other mainstream apps, such as Google Chrome. If Windows Ink is enabled on my computer system I cannot move or re-size an open Google Chrome Window. The people behind Windows Ink must have been doing some really serious drugs when they did their coding work on that stupidly awful software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Luminar,

We understand how frustrating it can be to experience crashes. If you're using a Wacom Tablet, we recommend trying an older version of the driver (6.3.46-2) to see if it resolves the issue, as suggested by Bobby.

If not, please follow the steps in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/fix-crash-on-launch-issues.html) and let us know your observations. Also, kindly share the crash report using the steps in this article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html) and use the same email account as your community account for quick tracking. We appreciate your time and efforts in resolving this issue.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines