Illustrator | BUG report | Scale Strokes & Effects

Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you designed symbols with scale strokes and effects ON and re-opening a document with scale strokes and effects OFF, the result is different than with scale strokes and effects ON. See video:

https://video.creaktor.com/conversations/d0ec318e-0c53-5503-8dc0-66061fc83472

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the symbols still symbols or is the link to the symbols broken?

I cannot reproduce the change with closing/opening documents, but I see a difference when a symbol is scaled and the link is broken with Scale Strokes & Effects on or off.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, the symbols are linked.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I cannot reproduce your problem.

It may be a good idea, like Monika suggested, to show and describe a simple example, so we can try to replicate the problem.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are they dynamic symbols? Those behave differently.

Can you please make a simple example symbol in a new file and show us what's happening? In a video or with a series of screenshots? I didn't watch your video til the end because after 5 minutes there still wasn't any demonstration of what is happening.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines