• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator cannot open files from autosave backup folder after crash

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator crashed whilst working on an important project. I found some files in the autosave location:

/Users/<user name>/Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator <current version> Settings/en_US/Adobe Illustrator Prefs.

There are some files that are 87mb with names like: 6c0082f8-183f-4d1f-89eb-ae76a851cd54

With no file extension.

These files cannot be opened in illustrator. Changing the extension to .ai or .svg etc does not help.

Are the files corrupt, can my project be recovered?

TOPICS
Bug , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Illustrator is relaunched after a crash, it will look for recovery files. If it finds some, it will ask you what to do. You must then click on "Try to recover" or the files will be gone for good,. Then Illustrator will try to recover the files. If it cannot, then that is that.

Renaming that file won't help you.

Remember to make backups. Always. And make more backups. And save regularly. Recover can fail, it's not meant as a replacement for a proper backup strategy. It's not autosave.

Maybe @Anshul_Saini can help you with the recovery file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @popperoffer,

I am sorry for the delayed response, as I was not getting any emails or notifications since 22 July. If you still have those files, would you mind uploading them on Creative Cloud and sharing the download link here or via DM? We will try our best to recover the files. I must also inform you that file recovery can't be guaranteed with 100% success. We'll surely try our best.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines