• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CC 2015 Super Slow

New Here ,
May 16, 2016 May 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a brand new MacBook Pro (retina, 2.5 GHz, 16 GB memory) and Illustrator CC is super slow on it. The program is just working sluggish and at times goes unresponsive for a minute or so when I'm saving any kind of file over 5 MB. Seems like I read that others have had this issue, but I didn't see any fix solutions.

I just updated to OS X El Capitan and that didn't seem to help things. I had the computer looked over at the Mac store and everything seems to be good. Any fixes I can try with the Adobe software? I've thought of uninstalling and reinstalling to see if that makes a difference?

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 31, 2016 Jul 31, 2016

Hi Guys,

I had the same problem, I just deleted all preferences.

Do the following:

Got to folder - /users/username/library/application support/adobe

Then delete everything in the Adobe folder and restart your Mac.

Problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem here. Intel I5 4690k, 8GB, GTX 970 with illustrator installed in ssd.
Performace is getting worse in the course of my work. This is very frustrating ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any Windows that have wound up here, please check out this thread.

Illustrator CRITICAL Nvidia card bug

Illustrator + nVidia GPU causes the entire machine to grow perpetually slower to the point its unusable unless AI is shut down. This is not related to a particular AI function, file size/type, preference files, fonts etc, and cannot be fixed other than disabling the GPU system-wide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines