• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CC 2017 (Windows) takes forever to open

Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...or it doesn't at all. I am currently staring at it trying to start. It is sitting on 'Initializing plug-ins...Transform.aip.'

This just started a few days ago. I have done the following:

• Uninstalled Illustrator
  • Uninstalled Creative Cloud--including all other Adobe applications
  • Used the 'Cleaner'
  • GPU performance is disabled

I then re-installed and it sat there on the start up screen. The same problem. In frustration I left it there and came back an hour later. It had finally started up. I opened an AI file. All seemed good. I then closed it down and then tried to open something else, same thing. 10 minutes later, it opens. Taking forever to open files.

I have no idea what to do. My other Adobe applications are not giving me this problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Do you have a printer setup, connected and on when this happens? If not, please do so and try again. The printer can be a virtual PDF printer but it must be the default printer in your list.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LongBeachDave,

We are sorry about the inconvenience caused and we appreciate your efforts you have already tried.

In order to assist you on this we need some details like

Operating System(Windows or MAC)

Exact version of Illustrator.

On which screen application stuck (share screenshot)

Which graphic card you are using?

And please check performance on root account and check how it performs there?

For details Click here How to enable the root user on your Mac - Apple Support

Regards

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem.  I am running Windows 7, Illustrator CC 2019, GE GTX 980.  It hangs for ~10 minutes (literally) if I try to open any new file (A4, postcard, etc).  It happens if I open an existing file, or if I try to save a file.  I'm having no trouble with Photoshop. 

I have also restarted and reinstalled everything.

There's plenty of space on my hard drive.

It doesn't seem to be eating up either CPU usage or memory, it simply spins for a really, really long time.  Any direction you can give me would be very appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are your files saved? The local HD or a synced storage volume?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm saving to the local C: drive, but this is happening even before I save a file.  The program files are in the local disk C:/ProgramFiles(x86).  I do have external drives mapped, but I don’t use them for this kind of file usually.  Is there any way that maybe it’s trying to autosave over the network for some reason?  I did delete any files in the AppData/Roaming folder when I did the reinstall, so I think I should have reset any preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a printer setup, connected and on when this happens? If not, please do so and try again. The printer can be a virtual PDF printer but it must be the default printer in your list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my goodness, thank you!!

I checked, and I did have a printer setup and connected, a HP Universal Printing PCL5.  On a whim, though, I switched to a different printer on the network, a HP LaserJet 400 M401, and Illustrator opened instantly.  No idea why.  Thank you so so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same for me! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Larry, that did the trick for me as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines