• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator cc embeds images when relinking

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try to relink an image in my project, illustrator is automatically embedding the photo, rather than simply relinking. This just started this morning. I was having this issue while working on macOS Ventura 13, then realized there was an OS update, so I updated my machine. Now I'm working on macOS Ventura 13.1 (the most recent update), and this issue is still happening. I went through the preferences panel and couldn't seem to find anything. Any thoughts? Thanks!

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you select an image, is there a checkbox that says "Link"? And did you check it?

Also when saving the file do not check "Include images", because that embeds them.

Can you please show screenshots of your process?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @colonelseth1234,

I hope the suggestions shared by Monika helped resolve the problem. If not, kindly share the exact version of the OS/Illustrator installed and screenshots/screen recordings of the problem so we can investigate this further.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines