• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CC Error 80040154 Class not registered

New Here ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am being issued a new laptop, that includes the latest version of Adobe Illustrator:

Adobe Illustrator 23.0.3 (64 bit) and am working in Windows 10 (Enterprise)

We use an internally built application that generates pie charts and bar charts as .eps files in Adobe Illustrator using an xml file.

When I select the xml file and attempt to launch the application, I am receiving the following error message:

Message : Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID
{9EC281C1-6C2A-4991-94DE-8A5951436D7D} failed due to the following error:
80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154
(REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).

Any ideas what is causing this error and how to resolve it? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brenda,

Sorry about the delay in response. I would request if you can share a small video of this issue and a sample file. This will help us reproduce the issue at our and fix it accordingly.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

brendag61244549  wrote

We use an internally built application that generates pie charts and bar charts as .eps files in Adobe Illustrator using an xml file. ... When I select the xml file and attempt to launch the application, ...

Hi Brenda,

I did a Google search for “80040154 Class not registered” and most hits went to Microsoft support or developer forums. To confirm, this happens only when you launch the application that was internally built within your company? It is an issue with your application, not with Illustrator, and you might try one of those forums.

Here are some examples:

Help please!!! (80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTR...

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/17985653/class-not-registered-error/32460710#32460710

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jane,

I hope you are still involved with this Adobe Community.

All of a sudden none of my computers can access the adobe dlls AcroPDF.dll and AxInterop.AcroPDF.dll.

I utilize these code modules in order to present a PDF document to my users.  I haven't done anything that could have caused this.  I have 3 computers that have programs on them that I created and they all experience the same issue.

I did the "Reset to the Microsoft recommended defaults" that Alex Watson suggested but it still doesn't work.

This is a serious issue that I need resolved as soon as humanly possible.

Thanks,

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Class not registered error generally occurs because of the programs or apps with unregistered DLL files or whenever you try to open a particular program, the Class not registered Windows 10 appears. But, you can fix easily this issue by doing reset the default apps in Windows 10. To do so first of all, go to the Windows Settings > Apps > Default Apps. After that, scroll down to “Reset to the Microsoft recommended defaults and then click on “Reset”. So just try it to solve class not registered error in a hassle-free manner. Good luck…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines