• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CC flattened all of my layers into one when i reopened the AI file

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had an AI file with many layers (at least 80) that I saved, and then when I reopened it the next day, everything was compressed into just one layer. 

The only thing i could think may have affected this is that I exported a JPG of the file before closing the program. Maybe I had checked a box that caused it to flatten the AI file as well? 

There are also now clipping masks on all of the objects in my composition, which I definitely did not create. Any reason why this would happen? How can I prevent this from happening in the future? 

Thanks!

TOPICS
Import and export , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you are not saved the file as pdf and without "preserve illustrator editing" capabilities unchecked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might happen when the file gets corrupted and only the PDF part of the file is still OK. Where has the file been saved?

THis might also be just some misbehaving of Illustrator (has happened with some version). Have you restarted the computer (a couple of times)? Rebuilt the preferences?Is this the latest version 24.0.1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are 2020 and CC 2019 installed on the PC?
If the file is saved in 2020 format, the layer will be flattened when opened in CC 2019.
Did you get this warning when opening the file?

2019-12-20 04.33.54.png

--
Susumu Iwasaki

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem and I got that pop up aswell. Is there anyway to fix this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Paige265475805xbu,

Sorry to hear about this experience. Would you mind checking if you have multiple versions of Illustrator installed on your computer? If yes, kindly remove the older version and check if it helps.

If the issue persists, kindly share a few more details, like the exact version of the OS and Illustrator installed on your computer, so that we can investigate this further.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines