• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CC - removed option for SVG - Include Adobe Graphics Server Data

Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to create SVG files with variables names for dynamic scripting using Python. I see a recent Feb 2017 Adobe article re "saving a template for data-driven graphics" which states you can select Save As -> SVG -> More Options -> Include Adobe Graphics Server Data to "include all information needed for variable substitution in the SVG file."

No matter what I do, I do not see this option.  It seems that Adobe has discontinued Adobe Graphics Server (at least I cannot find any information online regarding the product). Did it also remove this option in the Save As Dialog? If so, is there a workaround to include Variable Names in the exported SVG file?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

You cannot add that code in any other way from Illustrator.

I guess I would give Inkscape a try. You can add a lot of attributes and metadata to an SVG using Inkscape.

Don't open these enhanced SVGs in Illustrator, because Illustrator will then delete all that data from your file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The graphics server has been discontinued, and the same goes for that option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer - that is unfortunate! So, is there no way to retain/export variable tags from within Illustrator? Guess I might have to look into using Sketch, Inkspace or something else for my application if so.

Thanks again for your response.

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot add that code in any other way from Illustrator.

I guess I would give Inkscape a try. You can add a lot of attributes and metadata to an SVG using Inkscape.

Don't open these enhanced SVGs in Illustrator, because Illustrator will then delete all that data from your file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again, Monika. Too bad that Inkscape's UI isn't as enjoyable as Illustrator. I may give Sketch a try...not sure how raw-SVG compatible that application is but it does seem to have a very active development cycle.

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines