• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CC Stuck on ''Updating font menu"

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I bought Illustrator CC tonight, downloaded it and then went to open it. It loads and then gets stuck while "Updating font menu" and I don't know what to do. I have tried restarting it but nothing works! Please help me out!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your fonts for corruption.

Also: do you use font management? Is it compatible with Illustrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reset font cache
https://www.jamapi.com/products/fontnuke/

Reset your preferences.

Cmd-Opt-Ctrl-Shift when restarting AI on a Mac or Alt-Crtl-Shift on a PC to reset to the defaults.

More thorough Reset your preferences.

Quit Illustrator

Finder >> Shift Command G

~/Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator 21 Settings/en_US*/Adobe Illustrator Prefs

rename Adobe Illustrator 21 to Adobe Illustrator 21 old

Reset your other preferences

Quit Illustrator

Finder >> Shift Command G

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Illustrator 21/

rename Adobe Illustrator 21 to Adobe Illustrator 21 old

Press Win+R -> appdata -> Roaming -> Adobe -> rename folder Adobe Illustrator 20 (or 21) Settings to any other name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried both options but neither worked. I don't know if I'm doing wrong but I just can't get it to open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you quit illustrator, prior to renaming the folders you done this fine. I will create a fresh clean new preferences from the resources within the application.

Was trying to avoid you having to uninstall & reinstall, but since you are not revealing what OS version you are on will try my best to help with the information  provided.

Use the cleaner to remove your software

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Restart  mac with Command R (recovery mode), then go to utilities and try to repair your disk and permissions.

Reinstall Adobe Creative cloud and suite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator 2017 paid user here.

I've been getting this issue intermittently after I updated my Windows 10 to the newest Creator update. The only thing that solves this (although temporarily) is deleting FNTCACHE.DAT in the system32 folder then restarting.

I've tried just deleting and attempting to run but that doesn't work. What I haven't attempted is logging out rather than restarting.

Let me know if this helps anyone on later WINDOWS machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

AUTO FIXED 1000%

Disconnect Internet, Open Adobe Illustrator and DONE. You can close and open adobe illustrator. enjoy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines